Cool, but odd cover songs by Metal groups

challenge_everything said:
AFI are one hell of a cover band :)

Love their version of Halloween (Misfits)

While we're talking about punk covers, I'm not a huge Pennywise fan but I love their covers of California Dreaming and Land Down Under

Yeah they do some really good covers.

MasterOLightning said:
In Flames does really good covers, actually. Land of Confusion is good. Murders in the Rue Morgue is good too. They did a few others.

They also covered Depeche Mode's "Everything Counts." Actually, if someone put together a Depeche Mode tribute CD, you could probably get a good deal of metal bands on it.

Jreg said:
They also covered Depeche Mode's "Everything Counts." Actually, if someone put together a Depeche Mode tribute CD, you could probably get a good deal of metal bands on it.

Doesn't Depeche Mode sing Personal Jesus? If so Johnny Cash covers that sing and it is awesome

:worship: JOHNNY CASH :kickass:

MetalNoob said:
Anarchy in The UK- Megadeth

I like Megadeth's version of this Sex Pistols classic. They do a good job with Paranoid too.

Killbot said:
yes.... and I liked that song, but Marilyn Manson almost wrecked it for me.

Not heard Manson's version that I know of but Johnny Cash's version is very good. Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams was odd at first but I think he did a good job with it.

there is a band called zombie apocalypse that did a cover of "welcome to the jungle" by GNR. its on the GNR tribute album. the song doesnt sound similar at all though

Didn't that scorpions drummer covered "Wipe Out" in the 80's his name
eludes me.
Animal Fuck Like A Beast-Seibenburgen (wasp cover)
Metal Heart-Dimmu Borgir (Accept Cover)
Van Halen did a lot of 40 to 60's era covers.

ender7227 said:
Cash did an awesome cover of Rusty Cage by Soundgarden.

And I never have liked Manson or his covers, but Sweet Dreams isn't as good as Personal Jesus IMO.

Rusty Cage is awesome :kickass:

کوڈانشی said:
at least 2 folks mentioned dillinger escape plan but neither have stated that d·e·p covered justin trousersnake’s ‘like i love you’! :OMG: i haven’t heard it though.
Oh yeah I heard that one... :lol:

I enjoy all of the Metallica covers of the Misfits songs. They are very true to the originals but heavier which is cool. Also for a note of interest Def Leppard's new CD Yeah! is a cd full of 70's rock covers. Def Leppard is a guilty pleasure for me.