Cradle of Filth

Cradle of Filth is Decent, I probably wouldnt buy any of their CD's but they have a few good songs, they would kick ass if they had a different vocalist. I like the music, top notch drumming, guitar playing, and keyboard playing on all of their albums, but they need to drop the whole fake vampire/goth-queer/Necrophiliac deal the Dani brings on and stop being all shock and no substance.

BlackMetalTyrant said:
I like the music, top notch drumming, guitar playing, and keyboard playing on all of their albums, but they need to drop the whole....

What?

Did I stutter, Nick Barker, Erlandsson(sp) good drummers, Check out their cover of hallowed be thy name for some good guitar solos, the riffs are tight and played really well.

Ok go play drums along with "Born In a Burial Gown". There is some decent musicianship goin on aside from Dani Filth.

What I don't get is how people can actually hold a full blown over analytical discussion on such a shitty band? Who in their right mind listens to the full catalogue of Cradle of Filth? This is a band in which you first come across, while stepping over the threshold of the metal scene, you hear a couple songs, realize it's complete shite, dismiss it , and move on to something with substance.

Yeah, I don't get how this spawned three pages of discussion either, especially when it's basically like this.

Guy: "CoF is teh win!"
Board: "They fucking suck."
Guy: "You are clearly too closed-minded."
Board: "No, they fucking suck."
Erik: "DEVASTRUKTION!"
Guy: "Look at me, I know who Hart Crane is."
Board: "You fucking suck."

Wow, it takes balls to say they don't suck.

I think they're decent, but it's pretty fucking blasphemous to say they're better than other BM bands. I'd agree Dani is a good lyricist, but certainly not the best. It depends on what style attracts you. I think the man has a bachelor's in English, and he has a good control over the use of archaic english, but I don't like his themes.

Listeneable, not awful, not amazing. I really don't see why people hate them so much either, apart from Dani Filth being all homo on stage and in videos. Their music can't be that offensive, a lot of it does sound similar to symphonic BM.