Cravings

I am the type of person that I can't just push myself to do things solely for myself, I need a reason to hussle and come up with ideas in my business. Doing it only for myself seems fruitless in some ways.

Godamnit. You have no freaking idea how much I can relate to that statement.

On my own, I am very self-destructive.

for example, we've had a decent education system here for well over a century. Yet despite this it hasn't stopped a vast number of people remaining morons, irrespective of myriad opportunities they have been offered, because they were lucky enough to be born in a country where such things are possible.

Well, for some reason, the working class in the UK have always refrained from wanting to grasp those opportunities. Don't get me wrong, every society needs a working class, I just always found it odd in the UK where it's all handed to you on a silver plate. At least during my college days anyway.

"Hey mr 18 year old, how about I offer to pay all your undergrad college tuition fees, residence + living expenses, and upon graduation, I'll cover all your healthcare even after you've found employment."

For anyone to turn around and say "nah, I think I'll go drive a taxi instead" would be nonsensical. :loco: And yet it happens....

But I digress - in other words, I agree with you. Education isn't the only answer, it has to be with social responsibility and I have to believe that this should start in the family upbringing.

Needless to say, he is also 35 years old, with two wives (one here, one in Pakistan) and 4 girls, AND works for Petco for $11.30 an hour...
He is a really nice guy, but he trashed the US ALL THE TIME, and it really pisses me off.
This country is far from perfect, but the way I see it: you don't like it:
GET THE FUCK OUT.

Bear in mind though that you have different classes of individual coming into countries from overseas. So where you may have experienced 'working class' laborers (typically uneducated and archaic in their thinking), don't forget all the highly educated masses coming in to fill positions of a more 'white collar' nature. Typically this is would be in medicine, surgery, pharma, IT, and engineering. So remember to segregate the groups into classes, just as you would with regular americans already living here.

I work in consulting. At any given moment, I'll be in a team of 25 consultants where 50% are from the US and the rest from overseas. All the 'immigrants', whether they be German, French, Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, and yes, even Mexican(!) are highly educated and specialized individuals [all on six figure salaries too].

I miss my Paki friend. Last time I saw him was right before Halloween. We went out to dinner, he showered us with alcoholic beverages, and gleamed over the fact that he had sex with a white woman. He always seemed kind of torn with his religion. Sometimes he was all gung-ho and followed all the rules of Islam, other times he was just like "fuck it" and did whatever. I'm guessing he ended all contact with us because he's trying to be a good Muslim again and us whiteys were a bad influence...or something :loco:

:(

Just a quick fyi, the politically correct slang term for "paki" is actually "stani". (Or at least, don't say "paki" out loud) :loco:

how about punjabi boi? ... this is what they have plastered all over their cars here.

how about punjabi boi? ... this is what they have plastered all over their cars here.

I don't actually know what it is here...I do hear the term "desi" all the time. Again, like "stani" I think it just cuts through the bullcrap and groups them altogether, so Bengalis, Indians, Pakistanis, etc are all just "Desi". Have you ever heard that word?

I don't actually know what it is here...I do hear the term "desi" all the time. Again, like "stani" I think it just cuts through the bullcrap and groups them altogether, so Bengalis, Indians, Pakistanis, etc are all just "Desi". Have you ever heard that word?

What does that mean? Desert people? Designers? Destroyers of Freedom?

And here you have it....

DESI:
It's slang for the cultures of South Asia and the diaspora. It's similar to homeboy, paesano* or boricua*.
Etymology: deshi, Hindi/Urdu for 'from the country,' 'from the motherland.' Pronounced 'they-see,' it's the opposite of pardesi, foreigner.

* never heard of those...anyone?

Oh and I suppose "from the motherland" implies India, because you know, partitions aside, the sub-continent is really all just 'India'.

Bear in mind though that you have different classes of individual coming into countries from overseas. So where you may have experienced 'working class' laborers (typically uneducated and archaic in their thinking), don't forget all the highly educated masses coming in to fill positions of a more 'white collar' nature. Typically this is would be in medicine, surgery, pharma, IT, and engineering. So remember to segregate the groups into classes, just as you would with regular americans already living here.

Yep, you're right and I of course agree.
I was talking about the "blue collar" type workers who come here,
and was comparing them among that group.