Crimson - Too Repetitive?

Aside from Crimson being 'too repetitive', it's a great song...

...it shows off vocal talent as well as excellent guitar talent

is crimson repetitive? hardly!
does crimson have definite musical themes? yes

classical music even does what crimson does. they have a definite melody and will reinterpret it a couple of times to make the different parts of the song connect. if it was just riff after riff after riff after riff...it wouldn't sound like a full 40 minute song. it would sound like a bunch of little songs they were to lazy to seperate.

Yep, its called song structure.
Intro, Chorus, Bridge, Chorus etc....
The song is supposed to be a complete idea with recurring themes.
It is supposed to come full circle in the end. Crimson does this.

Now if Opeth had done Crimson instead of Swano and the boys, it would just be a "40 minute riff-fest". I like Opeth and all, but they play "muzak" and not music :Smug:

Static said:
ps. I wish they repeated that "the ones who didn't follow" bit more, I'm obssessed with that part. Only twice? Not good enough.

Not good enough!? Make a song "good enough" for your standards, no offense...

lol
call me a bastard all you want but Opeth is muzak
its fucking great muzak, but muzak none the less

don't let your emotions blind you

I haven't heard LODDOD but what I heard of Green carnation kinda sucked so I am gonna guess Crimson beats the shit out of LODDOD

Thanatopsis123 said:
This thread should not exist.

Static...you disappoint me. :(

I had respect for you because you introduced me to motW but now this...

For shame Static, for shame. :(

Meh...if I could keep all my bitches happy I'd be a rich pimp...:cool:

*shrugs*

Static, now really...What exactly could a New Zealander know about pimping? Didn't sheep run any prostitutes you may have had out of business? Btw, how's your mom and that job search going?

(and yes I know that was retarded, but "momma" jokes are just so much nostalgic fun) :lol:

I had been thinking of buying Light of Day, Day of Darkness. Is it worth my money? I had heard good things, but this discussion is making me not so sure.