One Track Albums

dishcloth

Boozehound & metalhead...
Oct 14, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I've been listening to Green Carnation's Light Of Day, Day Of Darkness quite a lot lately, and while some parts of the song blow me away, other parts aren't as good. However, the whole concept of an album being one song, which I didn't think would work as well as it does here, really interests me. I've heard that Edge Of Sanity's Crimson and Crimson II are both essential listening, but haven't had a chance to check out either of them. I would like more recommendations from most genres, mainly based around rock and/or metal.
Thanks

dishcloth said:
I've heard that Edge Of Sanity's Crimson and Crimson II are both essential listening, but haven't had a chance to check out either of them.

Get on that shit then! Dan is coming out with a 2 CD set next month that is the best of EoS, and the 2nd disc will include Crimson I and Crimson II. Everything is remastered so it's going to sound awesome. You'll be able to get them both for the price of one with that with only a few parts editted out.

Mistiggo Varggoth Darkestra - The Key to the Gate of Apocalypses is a weird one-track black metal/ambient album. 72 minutes long. it is interesting occasionally, but hard to focus on really. that's the longest one track metal/rock album i know.

Corrupted - El Mundo Frio. ;)

Heh, a few years ago the doom/sludge band I was playing in improvised a 64-minute song called The Day David Arquette Singlehandedly Destroyed The Hollywood Film Industry. We had a shorter abridged version but it still pissed everyone off when we played it live.

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Fredrik Thordendal from Meshuggah did a big song too iirc.

If you're talking about Sol Niger Within than it was something between a one song album and a concept album, just like Catch 33

:Wreath: said:
If you're talking about Sol Niger Within than it was something between a one song album and a concept album, just like Catch 33
Yeah, that's what it was.

i aint play this said:
:erk: at the shit carnage album (light of gay...gay of darkness)
I thought it was a very well crafted song and it had a good atmosphere. The only part I didn't like was the 4 minutes of some girl singing with no other instruments in the background... that part was "gay". :erk:

SPLASTiK said:
Supposedly they're writing or recording a 3 disc album that's supposed to be the same track.

WHAT THE FUCK

You mean it's just one song that's so fucking long they have to put it on 3 CDs? Or you mean it's like that Boris thing (or the Neurosis/Neurot thing) and you're supposed to play the discs at the same time? Hehe...