Cursing and Opeth...

MasterOLightning said:
Most extreme metal bands don't swear often, if at all.

hahaha i know that post is old, but it made me think of sadistik exekution

I appreciate Mikael's lyrics enormously,they're testament to his talent man. Who the fuck swears anyway.:cool:

I try to never use cursing words, but hei that's hard you know. I am simply fed up with 'em all! You hear 'em all the time-everywhere! So, no! I don't think Opeth should input such words in their work at all, especially if manifested in albums! But I must confess it spieces up the songs when added in live preformances! That I do accept to a certain extent, and I find it abit fun, that is unless it is'nt used all the time and overkills the song/songs!

Verdict: I think rather use curse-words live at concerts (not like rappers, but moderate or even better, less), than in studio-albums! Someone agree with what I'm trying to deliver?

Tubbs Mcgee said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Who fucking gives a fucking fuck? Fucking aye, let's be fucking serious here. There's no reason to be fucking talking like that!

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFBTPMN

Hey, I just said my opinion allright, and asked if anybody agreed! You obviously did'nt have the same veiw as I. I respect that but please don't make a fuzz about it! We are all different so we all respect each other, right?

Nomansvally said:
Hey, I just said my opinion allright, and asked if anybody agreed! You obviously did'nt have the same veiw as I. I respect that but please don't make a fuzz about it! We are all different so we all respect each other, right?

I somehow feel you misunderstood Tubbs' irony ;) But overall, you're positivly right

"
YOU BASTARD!!!
Know, know, KNOW
I HATE YOU!!!
EVERYTHING...everything, EVERYTHING...
is WRONG!!!
And I don't want to fight...
Because I don't know what's
WRONG or RIGHT
But I'll do ANYTHING just to get some
FUCKING sleep tonight...
And I can't even EAT
And I can't even FUCKING PISS!!!
All I've been doing is thinking about
GOD and DEATH InFiNiTy!!!!!"

Yup...Opeth as phuck. :p

Riryoku said:
"
YOU BASTARD!!!
Know, know, KNOW
I HATE YOU!!!
is WRONG!!!
WRONG or RIGHT
FUCKING sleep tonight...
And I can't even EAT

...what?:erk:

Riryoku said:
"
YOU BASTARD!!!
Know, know, KNOW
I HATE YOU!!!
is WRONG!!!
WRONG or RIGHT
FUCKING sleep tonight...
And I can't even EAT

Fuck YES! I fucking love that song, and so what if the lyrics are a little bit shit? Anyone who can deny the greatness of Hoglan after hearing that song is an idiot!

there is nothing unpoetic about swearing btw, you guys have a very antiquated view of what constitutes poetry

Spectacular Views said:
there is nothing unpoetic about swearing btw, you guys have a very antiquated view of what constitutes poetry

I wouldn't argue that cursing can be poetic, but it would simply not fit with the music nor the emotions. No curse would slot in with such beautiful lyrics... imagine:

She fucks off, into the night,
Am I, to tell you to get fucked?
Why can't you see, your a slut?
When every tear I shed, fucks me up.

See?:zombie: