What if: Opeth got a shredder

Needled24Seven said:
well i was asking what he ment by shred....if by shred he means he owns that fret board and can hit a kazillion notes per second then yes alexi is, but hes not a thrash guitar player. he knows how to play great melodies and has the greatest bends. well thought out melodies not just shredding mindlessly. ok? got it?:tickled:

ah ok!

well i think there is a lot of thrash in CoB, but what i understand of shred isn't limited to a genre, it's simply the fast soloing without the use of legato. i'd have to say that alexi is definitely one to shred :)

narcisco said:
Now we all do not want to interupt the harmonious balance that is Opeth.
But hey what if the guy from COB joined Opeth would that be a good thing. Well, maybe and then again not. Or Alan Holdsworth for that matter. But seriously if there was a gun guitarist would lead breaks detract or add to Opeth's vision.

I think you're a bad person for thinking that could even possibly be cool.

the alumnus said:
didn't mike a. mention wanting to work with jeff loomis on a side project

if that ever happened, that would RULE.

but as for the question at hand, no, Opeth doesn't need a "5hr33duR omg wtf!1!!!"

BiatchGuy said:
if that ever happened, that would RULE.

but as for the question at hand, no, Opeth doesn't need a "5hr33duR omg wtf!1!!!"
what does 5hr33duR omg wtf!1 mean? did you spill something on your keyboard? yes, if that happened that would rule. probably won't happen now due to logistics. oh well. opeth would benefit from another guitarist, but only really depending on the guitarist. certainly yngwie wouldn't fit into opeth's style, but surely alex skolnick circa 1992 would.

...That would make Opeth... not Opeth!

And yes, Alexi Laiho fucking shreds!
headbob.gif

lol
shredding by itself is rather pointless...
its just like "look how much weight I can curl!"
Pretty useless by itself..

<sarcasm>You guys... I know who would be great guitarists for the next Opeth album?

MIKAEL AKERFELDT AND PETER LINDGREN!
</sarcasm>

... seriously, these guys are great. they never need anyone else.

the alumnus said:
what does 5hr33duR omg wtf!1 mean? did you spill something on your keyboard? yes, if that happened that would rule. probably won't happen now due to logistics. oh well. opeth would benefit from another guitarist, but only really depending on the guitarist. certainly yngwie wouldn't fit into opeth's style, but surely alex skolnick circa 1992 would.
shredder oh my god what the f.u.c-k!! o_O