Da Fine Liquor Thread

So I tried Jack Daniels Single Barrell this past weekend.

It was fucking horrible.

[/informative]

Whoa really? I've had a few drinks of it, and it tasted pretty damn good, much better than regular Jack.

We usually drink Crown for bourbon.

I did make a Whiskey thread a while back....

Old Pappy Van Winkle you fuckers.
That right there is the best bourbon I've ever had. Fucking amazing.
Whoa really? I've had a few drinks of it, and it tasted pretty damn good, much better than regular Jack.

We usually drink Crown for bourbon.

I did make a Whiskey thread a while back....
Well of course it's better than regular Jack, but I've consumed my own piss before (true story), and it was better than regular Jack as well. :)

My problem with Single Barrell is the fact that it costs MORE than fine shit like Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve, but is, for all intents and purposes, just a less shittier version than the regular drivel, which is one of the worst forms of booze around. And, if you must stick with mainstream shit when flying upward toward the $25 and above land, at least get Wild Turkey's Rare Breed, which is actually pretty decent.

i love me some glenlivet, ive only had the 12 year old though. scotch rules. also, for those of you who drink tequila: i normally don't like it, but i had a bottle of tequila corralejo not too long ago and it was delicious. it's great for those of you with mind enough to sip and not slam. should be fairly easy on the wallet. also, i drank some maker's mark tonight. im in love even moreso than i was last time i drank it. :) can't wait 'til it's legal for me to consume.

colt_45.jpg

i love me some glenlivet, ive only had the 12 year old though. scotch rules. also, for those of you who drink tequila: i normally don't like it, but i had a bottle of tequila corralejo not too long ago and it was delicious. it's great for those of you with mind enough to sip and not slam. should be fairly easy on the wallet. also, i drank some maker's mark tonight. im in love even moreso than i was last time i drank it. :) can't wait 'til it's legal for me to consume.
I'm a big fan of Don Julio, but Cabo Wabo is pretty grand regardless of the Red Cocker connection, and then Gran Centenario is amazing but too god damn expensive.

Also:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/royal-carnage/196255-tequila-appreciation-thread.html

Demilich brought Bushmills Malt, Single Malt Irish Whiskey. We shall break it in tonight, when we go see Warning!

fuck, I am just kind of recovering from Friday night ... had in this order:

(2) vodka + some sweedish cherry liqour mix
(1) Tower of London mead
(1) Mulled wine
(3) jack on the rocks
(2) jack and coke

mix with dancing and white castle at 4am ...

= puking guts out at 5am and recovering all Saturday

but Mead fucking ruled! ... never had it before

(2) vodka + some sweedish cherry liqour mix

do we have cherry liqueur? i love cherry flavored stuff and have in the past bought cherry liqueur in germany to bring home because i'm not aware of any swedish brands

edit: what u doin? nothin much, just askin' about minute details of a drunken night in 2007