damn i'm drunk -- the thread

going back and forth with dogfish head 90 min IPA and Lagunitas IPA, and i have confirmed my previous experience, dogfish head is so massively over-rated its a joke. every IPA in every san diego food truck is better than this. MEH. $10.99 for a 4 pack GTFO

the Lagunitas on the other hand is delectable and fairly priced

The 90 minute is a shell of its former self, my friend. Back when it was actually bottle conditioned, it was an amazing beer. Also, take into account the time it was released. Beer has come a long fucking way to what we have available to us market-wise. I remember Hop Devil being WTFOMgHolySHITZZZ!!!111 Now, it's just a good beer but nothing to be shaken up about.

Lagunitas is a good value but I find that most of their beers are overly sweet to the point of cloying. Initial presentation is great. Then it catches up to ya.

Stone Ruination IPA is the better bang @ every grocer on every block IPA. A sixer runs about 8 kopecks and will leave you feeling torqued. DFH90 is smooth as silk, but in this global economy not with the 3 buck a brew price.

The 90 minute is a shell of its former self, my friend. Back when it was actually bottle conditioned, it was an amazing beer.
yeh seems the glory days were '03-'05 according to the accolades on the 4pack holder
Lagunitas is a good value but I find that most of their beers are overly sweet to the point of cloying. Initial presentation is great. Then it catches up to ya.
the hop stoopid on tap at lagunitas is just barely edged out by the pliny on tap at russian river

3rd day without touching booze.

was on a bender the entire Euro Vacation ... from 4-5pm to 1-2am drinking every night ... and I was the lightweight in the room at all times.
lost freaking 15lbs in 10 days ... not that I didn't need it (and need to lose more) but that was way too fast.

I've decided I just don't like gin and tonics. I've polished off a few bottles of the stuff over the past few months sure, but ultimately....blech.

I've decided I just don't like gin and tonics. I've polished off a few bottles of the stuff over the past few months sure, but ultimately....blech.

yeah, the bitterness of that drink does not lend itself to making it a daily drink.
it's awesome in the summer especially as a refresher ...

Ken takes zolpidem for fun, btw
I took it once and the results induced the wife to call my MD who told her to call 911