dark emo. music wanted

diospada

Katatonic Opethean
Feb 12, 2003
New York
Visit site
i know this kind of question has been asked for the nth time, but just wanted to know where else I can go if I like novembre, agalloch ,motw, and of course opeth.. which bands haven't I discovered yet??????????????????????

Anathema should be your top priority if you want dark. emo depressive music...but there's so many others.

Best depressive emotional band ever is Godspeed You! Black Emperor. They aren't metal, but if you limit your tastes to one type of music, you don't deserve them :p

Amon Amarth are pretty cool emotional music too, but they aren't depressive.

As mentioned previously by others, you would probably like My Dying Bride (Turn Loose The Swans, Like Gods of The Sun or The Light At The End Of The World). They're one of my favourite bands. As is Godspeed You Black Emperor!(all releases-especially Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven).

Check out Type O Negative (Bloody Kisses), Anathema (Pentecost III) and Dead Can Dance (Within the Realm of a Dying Sun - not metal, but still good).

If you can find it, The Blood Divine released an album called 'Awaken,' which is one of my favourites. The Blood Divine featured Darren White (singer from early Anathema) on vocals and only released two albums. Hard to categorise because the album is quite varied, but it's very doomy (is that a word?) and even progressive in places. I highly recommend this album to Opeth (or Katatonia) fans.

Albums to check out...

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Porcupine Tree - Signify
Anathema - Eternity
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna To The Heavens
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

...most of those aren't metal...however, they are still all dark, emotional, and depressing. Enjoy!

These aren't really similar to Novembre, etc.... but are dark and emotional

Wolverine - "The Window Purpose"
Pain of Salvation - "The Perfect Element Pt. 1"
Zero Hour - "The Towers of Avarice"
Evergrey - all 4 albums

Static said:
Albums to check out...

Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Porcupine Tree - Signify
Anathema - Eternity
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antenna To The Heavens
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day

...most of those aren't metal...however, they are still all dark, emotional, and depressing. Enjoy!
Since when Agaetis Byrjun is dark and depressing? :)

CHECK a new band from Russia---Forest stream (its VERY melancholic, depressing....reminds me of MyDyingBride but much better imo)
and
Saturnus
In the Woods (+Green Carnation)

alot is not emotional, but some of the bleakest, darkest, most depressive but still beautiful music can be found in industrial/dark ambient artists such as...

Sanctum
Letum
L.E.A.K.
Raison d'Etre
Coph Nia
Arcana
Desiderii Marg....(too lazy to go get the cd so i can spell it right)

etc

surprised no one mentioned The Sins Of Thy Beloved... awesome dark, haunting, melodic music! :)
and yeah i totally agree on Katatonia and Agalloch as well!

....Tea Party, hmm some of their older stuff yeah maybe. (or maybe i just got sick of hearing the same handful of songs being overplayed on the radio)