WITHOUT FEAR I DIE
I HOLD MY SWORD
AND DIE
WITHOUT FEAR!!!

*headbangs into eternity*

Timmy said:
and To Live is to Hide, off Unleashed Memories, just so depressing
its great

Exactly. I absolubtely love this particular song. So depressing, dark and mellodic...beautiful.

More suggestions....ummm.....practically all my reccomendations have been posted earlier...umm, but yeah *some* tracks by Tortoise are quite emo (or whatever)...but I think that's just me.

Especially 'Equator' and 'Everglade' off Tortoise's TNT album.

Here's my recommendations:

Sunny Day Real Estate

Get the album How It Feels to Be Something On, it's fairly dark and it's very emotional. Their first album, Diary, is the most emotional... but the singer's voice wasn't fully trained yet.

My Bloody Valentine

A jarring transition between dreamy sounding pop and loud repetitive guitars and a lot of guitar experimentation.

Agalloch

Folky doomish black metal similar to a mixture between Ulver and Brave Murder Day era Katatonia, especially on their debut, Pale Folklore. Their next album had more influences including Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Sol Invictus.

Aereogramme

This band's music ranges from orchestral sounding slow rock songs with electronic percussion to a very heavy slowed down Hardcore sound with screams and guitar solos. Kind of like Mogwai on steroids with a vocalist.

Also, in a similar vein to Anathema, Thine are a very good band on the same label, Peaceville. In Therapy was one of the more underrated albums so far this decade. Just like Beyond Dawn, another very awesome band that is very underrated. Check out Pity Love, it's one of the darkest and most depressing albums ever. In short, it's one of the best doom albums around.

LuminousAether said:
Also, in a similar vein to Anathema, Thine are a very good band on the same label, Peaceville. In Therapy was one of the more overrated albums so far this decade. Just like Beyond Dawn, another very awesome band that is very underrated. Check out Pity Love, it's one of the darkest and most depressing albums ever. In short, it's one of the best doom albums around.

Thanx Lumi, I have found Thine-In Therapy at The End and am ordering it on your recomendation, as well as the reviews I have read!!!

Cheers from Schism

This is an uber-old thread, but check out some particularly emotional Camel songs, don't know if they are 'dark' per say, but definately moving.

Camel - Supertwister
Camel - Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider
Camel - Song Within A Song
Camel - Spirit Of The Water
Camel - Air Born (this in particular, damn beautiful)

Be prepared for alot of flute...;)