Dark fucking Throne!

UAFM is good. I should probably revisit TH. Never got the hang of it.

DEFINITELY. I honestly didn't entirely get the full experience out of it until only maybe a year ago, and that's after having listened to it for 3 or 4 years already. It's actually really not as far apart from its surrounding outputs as it may first seem.

UAFM and ABITNS still havn't clicked with me, but TH and Panzerfaust clicked with me the very first time I listened to them. It's kind of weird in way how music does that.

I recently got Hate Them and The Cult is Alive. I can appreciate them both to an extent after one listen each. Not sure where I will end up with them. I hear the punk influence big time on Cult.

I think some their lyrics are kinda funny so far.

UAFM is much harder to listen to than TH. I'll keep trying however.

listen to the song The Pagan Winter from A Blaze, I think it's probably one of the best song the band ever done.

the Thorns remix is also really nice, if you can find it.

I recently got Hate Them and The Cult is Alive. I can appreciate them both to an extent after one listen each. Not sure where I will end up with them. I hear the punk influence big time on Cult.

I think some their lyrics are kinda funny so far.

I wonder why people still buy newer albums from this bands... new stuff sounds so cliché, uninspired, predictable and cheesy.

There are Katharsis (Ger) who took where Darkthrone left off in their glory days and expanded the genre to create one of the best bands currently. They create innovative music and intelligents lyrics and surpass Darkthrone in every way. (DSO even took infulence from them).

The only album that didn't click with me right away was A Blaze In The Northern Sky for whatever reason.

I haven't listened to that album in years, since I still have never gotten around to picking up a physical copy of it. I really need to fill out my Darkthrone collection. I don't even own Soulside Journey yet. But from what I remember of Pllaguewielder, it's probably their weakest release overall, but still great.