Dark fucking Throne!

Soulside Journey is fantastic. It's one of my favorite dm albums.
:kickass:

In Pains blows it out of the water, however. Not that they're all that similar. Just felt like stating my perpetual love for Cadaver again. I still don't own a physical copy of IP. Hopefully, it gets reissued soon.

Okay - aside from me being a 12 year old girl and farting about FOAD, lets get serious about it now.

Thoughts? How do you feel about it? The band expected a backlash, but all I have seen since its release is nothing but extreme praise.

Okay - aside from me being a 12 year old girl and farting about FOAD, lets get serious about it now.

Thoughts? How do you feel about it? The band expected a backlash, but all I have seen since its release is nothing but extreme praise.

Upon my first listen I actually liked it. There were a few things off of The Cult is Alive that just didn't click with me, but whatever underlying fixture that was, it seems to have been fixed on this release. The production is perfect on the album, especially with the drums. This takes me back to my punk days, and I like it.

Funnily enough, I see much less punk in this album as opposed to TCIA... With FOAD I hear punk used as a foundation (as it is with any un-technical Black Metal, or real Black Metal depending on your pov), but notably a highly audible sense of Heavy Metal (in it's truer 80s mentality) is apparent. Darkthrone's Black Metal personality is there as it always is, but I can't agree on Black Metal influences, unless you refer to bands which influenced Black Metal, or proto-Black Metal itself ... ?

OK Darkthroners, rate for me all the bands albums from best to worst so I know what my priorities are. I've only heard the Blaze-Moon-Hunger trio and wasn't impressed with Soulside Journey.

Well, if you heard their first 4 albums, you've heard everything the band has to offer.... the later albums are reheashe of those with more "easy listening" approach.

it's a bit similar to the newest Limbonic Art, while good, it doesn't do anything new and reheashe most of their old stuff.

Well, if you heard their first 4 albums, you've heard everything the band has to offer.... the later albums are reheashe of those with more "easy listening" approach.

it's a bit similar to the newest Limbonic Art, while good, it doesn't do anything new and reheashe most of their old stuff.

Nothing wrong with rehashing if what's being rehashed is good quality.

Funnily enough, I see much less punk in this album as opposed to TCIA... but notably a highly audible sense of Heavy Metal (in it's truer 80s mentality) is apparent.

Upon further listens this is a very accurate evaluation. This is a very infectious album, and I hope that it has staying power. My favorite tracks thus far would have to be "These Shores are Damned" (The verse riff alone is legendary) and "F.O.A.D."

Upon further listens this is a very accurate evaluation. This is a very infectious album, and I hope that it has staying power. My favorite tracks thus far would have to be "These Shores are Damned" (The verse riff alone is legendary) and "F.O.A.D."

:)

How damned cool is that song, as well as Church Of Real Metal (and when, upon hearing the Culto scream out the title in the chorus, I almost fell off my chair laughing). The riffs in the chorus are totally Powerslave-era Iron Maiden, you can pick it a mile away