Darkthrone

I haven't heard it yet, but I'll get it and the EP both soon enough... My fave song from the EP is without a doubt the Wisdom of the Dead, so fucking goooood.

over nine years later i'm properly checking out Darkthrone. Yes, Erik, I spent the extra cash to get original Peaceville jewel case pressings.

over nine years later i'm properly checking out Darkthrone. Yes, Erik, I spent the extra cash to get original Peaceville jewel case pressings.

lol

i don't really care about what cd pressings other people buy man, but good for you, remasters always sound worse than the originals

classic stuff

I bought Transylvanian Hunger years ago but never paid enough attention to Darkthrone. Until just recently, when a friend of mine said LISTEN TO THIS:

I then bought A Blaze in the Northern Sky and a few Manilla Road albums. My life quickly improved by several tangible measures. Thank you, Darkthrone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lies. Never really checked them out. i may have bought one or two but never gave them the chance, musically.

Soooo....when I saw an early pressing of their death metal album at a reasonable price, I bought it. And just yesterday, a local cd store had an OOP 1ST PRESS HTF Moonfog press of Plaguewielder. So I got it.

So there's that.

Yeah i know. But i refuse to listen to black crust punk about beer and being too old. So plaguewielder is about as far as i will go.

that is a smart move

although they did two more pretty bread 'n' butter black metal albums before descending into their midlife crisis, "hate them" and "sardonic wrath", both of which are competent but mostly forgettable

but i mean all you really need is the run from a blaze in the northern sky up to and including panzerfaust

it's not bad exactly, it's alright, if a little... *cough*... lifeless

i 'll go as far as to say i think about half of total death is pretty good and then after that they've only had moments, barely even entire songs, that are interesting enough to care about

Last edited:
A Blaze in the North Sky and Transylvanian Hunger
Fuck Off And Die and Dark Thrones And Black Flags

Those are my 4 essential Darkthrone Pixxx. I'm not so into the post-glory, pre-punk days. And I don't know the new era, as of yet.

This rockin' tune is 666% my kind of jam nowadays.

EDIT: My dumbass listed the wrong album.

Last edited: