Black Fucking Metal

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
By browsing this forum... you fucking bastards have gotten me into black metal again.... I was curious if I am missing any essential bands...Right now I have been digging:

Absu
Averse Sefira
Abigor
Angmar (just got them from the thread)
Burzum
Darkthrone (a few albums)
Dark Tribe
Deathspell Omega
Drudkh
Emperor
Leviathan
Nagelfar
Old Wainds
Sin Origin
Taake
Weakling
Wolves in the Throne Room

I didn't like Hate Forest too much, mainly because the drumming annoyed me...

I know most of the 2nd wave bands like Gorgoroth, Mayhem, Darkthrone, etc.

I await your awesome recommendations....:worship:

might name a couple tomorrow. had a rough day at work and i just downed a Jack and (little) Coke and now i feel good and tired

but Graveland and fullmoon are essential, no matter what some dumbass might say

Reign in Acai said:
This thread bores me.

Then why are you in it :err:

Some recommendations from yours truly:

Antaeus
Tsjuder
Dødheimsgard
Ofermod
Behexen
Kvist
Nokturnal Mortum
Ulver's "Bergtatt" and "Nattens Madrigal"
Limbonic Art
Gehenna

Ellestin said:
or subsequently Lurker of Chalice, 50% BM 50% ambiant or even neo folk in places, 100% awesome

After hearing "Tenth Sub-Level of Suicide" and "Tentacles of Whorror" Lurker of Chalice was a refreshing change... which pretty much means I like it a lot better than the Leviathan I've heard! YAY!

hello nate,
I am looking for the not brutal, atmospheric, but the black metal that isn't blast beats for however minutes... That Kinda Hurts my head....Also, I didn't dig Blut Aus Nord, Graveland, or Xasthur... I did used to enjoy Tsjuder, but I haven't put them on for ages...

Some times the Teastained Albums make me happy, and other times they piss me off mainly because of the lyrics...

I plan to put on these bands after my Radio Show!
Kvist
Tjsuder
Aeternus

MadeInNewJersey said:
French. Black. Metal.
So far the French are kicking my ass in that field

No need to recommend viking... like Nokturnal Mortem... I get a good dose of Viking from Windir, Falkenbach, Nokturnal Mortem, etc