Death Metal Bands

I know them :D Monster vocals! :D Actually Abominable Putridity has the same vocalist :D I like them cause they don't suck like Waking The Cadaver cause they can play music if they want :D

Big Chocolate, that dude can fucking growl, too bad he uses it to sound like a giant pig with black metal bracelets.

Big Chocolate is over-rated. When he said he tried out for The Faceless I lol'd. He can growl but he can't enunciate worth a fucking shit, sorta like Iniquity's vocalist.

I guess he does pretty well compared to most 20 year old growlers though

I can't be fucked going through 178 pages to see if these guys have been posted already.

I found out about these guys a few months ago from listening to Dying Fetus.

Baphomet from NY USA. They only released one album under the name Baphomet and changed their name to Banished.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjdYRMz_wmw&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Chocolate is over-rated. When he said he tried out for The Faceless I lol'd. He can growl but he can't enunciate worth a fucking shit, sorta like Iniquity's vocalist.

I guess he does pretty well compared to most 20 year old growlers though

Hmmm never listened to him singing actual Death Metal where enunciation is key for quality, I heard the throat potential and though he'd have no problems singing well pronounced Death Metal.

No one has posted in the growling thread for some time now, have you been growling lately?

I can't be fucked going through 178 pages to see if these guys have been posted already.

I found out about these guys a few months ago from listening to Dying Fetus.

Baphomet from NY USA. They only released one album under the name Baphomet and changed their name to Banished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjdYRMz_wmw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVcRhP70oK4

My friend showed me that band a while back. I thought they were brilliant at first, but then they got kind of boring, mainly because I've only heard that one album :p I might check out Banished.

Hmmm never listened to him singing actual Death Metal where enunciation is key for quality, I heard the throat potential and though he'd have no problems singing well pronounced Death Metal.

No one has posted in the growling thread for some time now, have you been growling lately?

I have been, I didn't growl at all for almost 4 years due to living circumstance but have since moved into a house with friends that like metal so I got some practice again and started a band. We have not recorded anything really yet, not worth posting at least. My throat is definitely back in the game though, and even after all that time of being quiet my voice came back with a vengeance, far better than my sub-par stuff on the Like Fire cover (which I was totally out of practice and time for).

Feel great to be able to be loud again:)

Edit :

That's Big Chocolate's audition, and he is nowhere near the same league as The Faceless' vocalist(who ended up staying with the band). If that's his version of clear vocals he has no hope outside gore-grind style.

He's still good at his style though, I just don' think it's anything special. That shit is EASY to pull off at least for me. Enunciation has always been teh hard part of growls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been, I didn't growl at all for almost 4 years due to living circumstance but have since moved into a house with friends that like metal so I got some practice again and started a band. We have not recorded anything really yet, not worth posting at least. My throat is definitely back in the game though, and even after all that time of being quiet my voice came back with a vengeance, far better than my sub-par stuff on the Like Fire cover (which I was totally out of practice and time for).

Feel great to be able to be loud again:)

Edit : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSj623T3N6A

That's Big Chocolate's audition, and he is nowhere near the same league as The Faceless' vocalist(who ended up staying with the band). If that's his version of clear vocals he has no hope outside gore-grind style.

He's still good at his style though, I just don' think it's anything special. That shit is EASY to pull off at least for me. Enunciation has always been teh hard part of growls.

Lol, Death Metal is not for him obviously then.

That's awesome man, living with metal people and all, I hope me and you will invade the Growling Topic in a few weeks hehehe.

I just decided to record my death metal stuff I've written, but I don't know how to use programs like Cubase, Reason etc. and I don't know anything about how to make everything to sound good so can I ask for help? :D