Death Metal Bands

Amorphis - Circle
Release April 19
amorphiscoverlayered.jpg

And an interview... http://www.queensofsteel.com/2005/03/amorphis-eng-2/

And with such a short time in between; what could you say are the main differences between “Circle” and “The Beginning of Times”?

...We did have some sort of a feeling to make this album harder than The Beginning Of Times, but I think it was more like an general intuition. Now when I listen it when its mixed and mastered its definitely heavier than previous, the keyboards are more in the background, lots of heavy guitars and ultra low bass. There is a variation all over in the music, performing and production.

This time Peter Tägtgren produced and mixed the album; are you satisfied with the final outcome?

I´m happy we did not fail the process: ) For me the album sounds fresh, different, familiar and interesting at the same time. Of course from my perspective there could be more keyboards – on the other hand the guitarrists Esa and Tomi are totally excited about the loud and heavy guitarsounds.

Sounds like this could be a rockin fuckin album. :kickass:

I think there are two tracks out there. First one was apparently quite standard. I usually don't love their singles though, for pop tracks I prefer the older hits :)

Just gave them a spin, defenitely heavier, nothing awesome but I like it. This abum will probably be perfect "on my way to work music". :)

I didnt like the new OT much either. Sounds rehashed.

Just gave them a spin, defenitely heavier, nothing awesome but I like it. This abum will probably be perfect "on my way to work music". :)

I didnt like the new OT much either. Sounds rehashed.

Yeah, Amorphis is great for jogging/walking, randomizing around. Barren Earth too.

Exactly. I didn't like their idea of their resurrection since I knew it would be quite polished modern death/doom, which pales compared to the dreamlike nature of the first two albums. Suppose I still changed my mind though, since there are some great songs on the new albums. I'll mostly be keeping track 1 and 3 from the new one though.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=188417

HATE Bassist Found Dead; Band Cancels Remaining Shows - Apr. 6, 2013
Polish extreme metallers HATE have released the following statement:

"[During the] night [of] April 5-6 near the German town of Munchberg, our friend, best comrade and longtime bass player unexpectedly passed away. After the show in Stuttgart last night, he went to sleep and never woke up. We found him lifeless early in the morning and immediately called an ambulance. He was reanimated, but to no avail. Results of Slawek's (Slawomir 'Mortifer' Archangielskij) autopsy should be known soon. In this situation, we decided to cancel the remaining shows and return home. We gave detailed testimonies to the German police. We are shocked and shattered by his sudden, unexpected death. We mourn together with Slawek's family and friends."

Archangielskij joined HATE in January 2007 and appeared on 2010's "Erebos" and 2013's "Solarflesh" albums.
Sad.. :/

Entrails 3rd album is coming out on Metal-Blade. 'Raging Death'.

Last edited by a moderator: