Death Metal Bands

Have you ever read Youtube comments? 90% of the time it's some jackass that just wants to complain how much they hate whatever video they just watched, but can't explain why they watched it to begin with. I make it a priority to never read comments because of youtube and how utterly retarded people are.

It's really fascinating how many completely worthless people post on youtube. I'm actually a bit surprised the comments are not filled with genre debates, calling anyone that disagrees a fag, and hating the band now because the song has somehow wronged them on a personal level. :p

I think the vocals might be my biggest hurdle. Some songs Nick sounds good, others he sounds like an out of tune thrash vocalist winging it, especially in older albums.

I have to go song by song, I don't find I like any album in full, although I liked almost everything on Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us and Tragic Idol. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, it was enlightening as fakk :)

But anyways... Death Metal... Uhh.. Hmmmm.... I have not listened to a new Death Metal album in a while, I got nothin'.

Technical death metal bores me to tears and the new old school death metal movement went completely lifeless years ago. Except that there's mostly Immolation and Benighted ruling the world in their separate fashions and nothing new :p

I would say there have been several notable bands or releases over the recent years. That said, most of the metal scene is getting old for me. I've started to listen to completely different genres lately. I still can't stand most pop and hip hop, but I find myself listening to a lot of old school Blues and some lighter Jazz, as well as non-poppy Country from the 60's-90s. The common theme is bluesy stuff, any old-school rock with a Blues edge has a chance. It's weird how tastes change. A spider jkust la';nded on my./?rtr keyboard8=0iolku f``

I just listened to a Black Metal band from Iraq fronted by a female that is probably the closest thing to actual Black Metal ever. It is anti-Islam metal music being played in a country that would consider it blasphemy and could even arrest you or worse. Her family was killed by suicide bombers, and the band has to be extra careful and live in secrecy in some circles because they could be killed for their anti-religious message and metal music. And the worst offense, it's a WOMAN screaming the words burn the Quran on this.

The music may be shitty, but that's probably one of the trvv-est black metal bands ever when you consider the circumstances.

I would say there have been several notable bands or releases over the recent years. That said, most of the metal scene is getting old for me. I've started to listen to completely different genres lately. I still can't stand most pop and hip hop, but I find myself listening to a lot of old school Blues and some lighter Jazz, as well as non-poppy Country from the 60's-90s. The common theme is bluesy stuff, any old-school rock with a Blues edge has a chance. It's weird how tastes change. A spider jkust la';nded on my./?rtr keyboard8=0iolku f``

It comes with years. Most metal bores me but i still enjoy stuff like Beherit and Agalloch and i mostly listen to electronic music and bands such as Muse, Alice In Chains, Placebo and so on. :) Metal just isnt so exciting anymore and i disliked all new releases of my fav bands.

holy shit, we're all becoming mikael åkerfeldt

You took the words out of my mouth. I was listening to his podcast that was posted on fb yesterday and he sounded so boring and elitist.
"Music has to have something new and original or its not interesting or Worth listening to".
Its like he cant just put something on and enjoy it without analyzing it to Death.
Obviously he probably can and do but it seems like in every interview he says something like this.