Death Metal Bands

I just listened to the new Paradise Lost was was like "Why the fuck do I not like this band??". So now I have to delve into their old stuff and see if my tastes have changed, or if I just dig this particular song.

Fellow Doomers, give me some fakken suggestions that will convert me. :)

I just listened to the new Paradise Lost was was like "Why the fuck do I not like this band??". So now I have to delve into their old stuff and see if my tastes have changed, or if I just dig this particular song.

Fellow Doomers, give me some fakken suggestions that will convert me. :)
- Last Regret
- Pity the Sadness
- Rotting Misery
- Gothic
- Praise Lamented Shade
- True Belief

From Draconian Times:
- Enchantment
- Hallowed Land (!!)
- Shadowkings

:kickass: There shall be Dooooooom tonight! I can't even remember the songs I heard anymore since it was long ago and I didn't really give it much time, so I'm basically going in with a new perspective.

It is a little hit and miss still. I like their slower atmosperic and gothic stuff, but I am still not big on the faster songs.

When I listen to their more recent albums it makes me wonder how some fans reacted to the new track. If someone became a Paradise Lost fan during the 2000s the new song would sound like a completely different band. It must have pissed off a few people when they took their sound so far backwards to their early days, stuff some fans may not have even heard :lol:

Looking at their Facebook and the comments on YouTube I got the impression that almost all fans applaud the new tracks.
I would say that overall they have had a pretty consistent sound, with a little detour in the 2000, but that was a long time ago.