Death Metal Bands

for the past 2 years i have been listening to more 60's soul/motown music, than metal.

^:lol:!

It's called becoming old!

sad but truuuee-ah yeeaah

:lol::lol::lol:

oh you <3

no u :oops: <3

You took the words out of my mouth. I was listening to his podcast that was posted on fb yesterday and he sounded so boring and elitist.
"Music has to have something new and original or its not interesting or Worth listening to".
Its like he cant just put something on and enjoy it without analyzing it to Death.
Obviously he probably can and do but it seems like in every interview he says something like this.

because opeth's last two albums were so new and original :erk: i actually enjoy some of the songs off pale communion, but it's neither new nor original

I will never stop listening to metal, I still find it as awesome today as when I first discovered it as a kid. When I get old I will become that old fucker that you see at metal gigs that stands in the back with a beer in his hand, no friends, wearing a very old and bleached band shirt with some band that is no longer really considered "metal" by todays standards and with long hair despite having lost most of his hair making him look like a heavy metal version of Gollum :(

I will never stop listening to metal, I still find it as awesome today as when I first discovered it as a kid. When I get old I will become that old fucker that you see at metal gigs that stands in the back with a beer in his hand, no friends, wearing a very old and bleached band shirt with some band that is no longer really considered "metal" by todays standards and with long hair despite having lost most of his hair making him look like a heavy metal version of Gollum :(

:kickass: :kickass:!!

Don't know whether to :D or to :(

So the new Paradise Lost... Im on my first spin and the first impression is "IM TOTALLY DISAPPOINT"! :(
Just because they decided to bring back growls and go heavier I did not expect them to change the style in the music in basicly every aspect, different sound, different riffs, different structures, different solos.
Not sure how to describe it but guess I was expecting something more like a heavier Tragic Idol with growls, not this.
Im sure it will grow on me for what it is, but I was not expecting this. :(

COcK3Mt.jpg

On the new Paradise Lost, I was quite excited about it beforehand, but after some 7-8 spins my enthusiasm has waned somewhat. It's a good album, but also some pretty weak tracks like Punishment Through Time and Cry Out, most other tracks are good but not super great or anything. Tragic Idol also grew on me rather slowly (after initial disappointment), so let's see how it develops.