Death Metal Bands

Hey Metal Heads and Geeks!

If you’re a fan of metal and the geek culture you should see the new episode of “Hero Envy” guest staring All That Remains singer Phil Labonte. It was great to work with an old friend and produce something truly funny at the same time. If your haven’t picked up the new ATR live dvd you really should, but until then check out his guest spot on “Hero Envy: Behind the Hope” at glintofhope.com. It’s a wicked pissa!

http://glintofhope.com/web20.php

Hey Metal Heads and Geeks!

If you’re a fan of metal and the geek culture you should see the new episode of “Hero Envy” guest staring All That Remains singer Phil Labonte. It was great to work with an old friend and produce something truly funny at the same time. If your haven’t picked up the new ATR live dvd you really should, but until then check out his guest spot on “Hero Envy: Behind the Hope” at glintofhope.com. It’s a wicked pissa!

http://glintofhope.com/web20.php

It's a thread about Death Metal. Phil Labonte is a whiny bitch.

I like technical death but that really did not appeal to me at all. The guys have the skill to play, thats for sure, but the music is a bit :erk: to me :p

Yeah...it's more of a "look how many guitars we can overlay at the same time!". lol, one of the guitarists is wearing a Necrophagist shirt.....fitting =) Definitely original, but a little too much for me.

I find the music catchy, but I admit I don't expect many to actually enjoy 100% (or close too) technical DM bands. Necrophagist is pretty much as catchy and memorable as it gets for loads of technicality.

How about Braindrill then? (mainly for my own curiousity)

Necrophagist is about as memorable as my farts. Well actually, my farts can be quite melodic and/or blasting at times. Psycroptic however, has loads of groove and solid rhythm riffs that just isn't about wankery.

Decapitated and Vader are probably my favorite technical DM bands, I think they have the perfect combination of brutality and technicality, which makes them extremely fun to listen to, and they laways get me going :D

Wow yeah, for some reason I kinda forgot about Decapitated and Vader for a minute. Shame on me. They have alot of technical attributes but not solid Tech Death. I understand (for some reason) most of you hate Necrophagist haha. Why is this anyways? Probably just preferance as usual, but I love how the songs go together all the time.

Psychroptic has to have one of the worst singers in the genre though. For that I have never finished listening to the first 30 seconds of a song.