Death Metal Thread

Oh yea forgot Cannibal Corpse, they're definitely up there if not THE most overrated.

you must agree that some of their songs are good or at least ok? when death replaces life, hammer smashed face (with corpsegrinder), festering in the crypt and hatchet to the head are all good songs imo

Bloodbath (with Swano)

unblessing the purity is their best work though :)

Historically my fav Death Metal bands are easily Death, Dismember and Vader. Many awesome albums that can be played over and over again :) More recently I've been listening to a lot of Benighted, Immolation, Blood Red Throne and Suffocation. As for Cannibal Corpse, they have their classic hits for me but they don't have a lasting value really. Gonna be cool to see them live on Wacken though :D

you must agree that some of their songs are good or at least ok? when death replaces life, hammer smashed face (with corpsegrinder), festering in the crypt and hatchet to the head are all good songs imo

unblessing the purity is their best work though :)

:lol:

i'll admit that from time to time they have their moments also (worms infested is great)...but the best part of hammer smashed face (the wicked intro) was a total rip off of premature autopsy by entombed :(

haha i suppose.....but the intro is still crushing

listened to bloodbath - ressurection through carnage today, forgot how much i loved that album

For those into good Swedish Death Metal, The Crypt is reissuing lps of Uncanny(Fred's old band) and Crypt Of Kerberos. These look to be pretty damn sweet.

Crypt Of Kerberos: http://www.darksymphonies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS_666&Product_Code=CRYPT10H
Uncanny: http://www.darksymphonies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS_666&Product_Code=CRYPT11BH

uncannycolor.jpg

cokhaze.jpg

Have it in my mp3 thingie.. actually heard a song from it today :)
very oldschoold.. me likes.
(and to be just and give some of that constructive critisism, the only bad part is that the drums dissapears in the mix pretty often)

Sweet :) Spam it and pass it around :) I'm aware of the drum thing, mostly beyond our control since it wasn't the most professional of recording sessions :)

For those into good Swedish Death Metal, The Crypt is reissuing lps of Uncanny(Fred's old band) and Crypt Of Kerberos. These look to be pretty damn sweet.

Crypt Of Kerberos: http://www.darksymphonies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS_666&Product_Code=CRYPT10H
Uncanny: http://www.darksymphonies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS_666&Product_Code=CRYPT11BH

uncannycolor.jpg

cokhaze.jpg
Holy shit, so awesome, I would love to have both, but their (Dark Symphonies) releases are always so expensive, particularly with international shipping.. At least I have both albums in original first press.

for bloodbath:

In Mourning:

Grave:

Funebrarum:

Morpheus Descends:

For Nile:

Hour of penance

Origin

Spawn of Possession:

Gorod:

For Death:

Quo Vadis

For Orbituary:

Monstrosity:

Malevolent Creation

Off the top of my head, not really in a DM mood lately been spamming porcupine tree alot

Last edited by a moderator:
I could never take Monstrosity serious with their video game covers. Needless to say after checking them out years ago, I still felt the same way...

Gimme that old time Swedish dodz!

You'll put him to sleep with that Grave song

fuck yeah quo vadis!

also im finally getting into cryptopsy, none so vile is awesome.

and shock of the century, i found out i like a cannibal corpse album, turns out eaten back to life is incredible, who knew?

I could never take Monstrosity serious with their video game covers. Needless to say after checking them out years ago, I still felt the same way...

Gimme that old time Swedish dodz!

You'll put him to sleep with that Grave song

what! all their albums (bar spiritual apocalypse) is off the chain. my only complaint against them is that they are too clean in their production.