Death metal vocals

Growled Vocal People Vs Power Metal Vocal People
=
Power Metal Haters Vs Growl Haters
=
Ignorant Vs Ignorant

Why can't everyone accept EVERYTHING metal like I can... :( :p

:lol: Sorry timmo, I wasn't referring to you. Mainly a certain band a certain person on here obsesses about,and Angra, and sonata artica.

Oh and Blind Guardian.

Euro Power metal sucks arse, I only like Aussie power Metal with the exception of Pegazus,cos they are stinky fags.

I used to hate them, until I heard Opeth and heard how they can fit into the structure of a song.

Too many bands miss the whole point though...

Originally posted by Spruce Goose
I agree with what Spiff said. If the music is good, and the vocals are growly, but the vocal melodies are good, then I like it.

Opeth :headbang:

Opeth mix the 2 perfectly in my opinion. They also use normal vocals, and this is great too

yeah, opeth, Inflames, Soilwork, :headbang:

i like growly vox with a melodic music, with a touch of clean vox, somewhere, listen to last emperor, dimmu borgir, soliwork.... and of corse opeth and in flames

the new trend now in death/black metal is mixing growl and clean vox.. the result is great music :headbang:

i don't like the old hair bands, or the femal-look bands of 80s

[color=#AOEOOA]I don't really like a whole album of growling vox, but if it's mixd in with clean vox it' quite good, adds to the effect well.

Power metal is fine as is hair metal.[/color]

Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
[color=#AOEOOA]I don't really like a whole album of growling vox, but if it's mixd in with clean vox it' quite good, adds to the effect well.

Power metal is fine as is hair metal.[/color]

i don't like commercial metal
hairbands---80s
alternative, nu, grunge, industry, etc ---90s

only true metal

power/prog metal is nice i like it too

the only good metal now around are the power/prog and some death/black metal

all others are sucks

i love rhapsody, dimmu brogir, and nile :headbang:

\m/

[color=#AOEOOA]I don't mind the structures of hair-metal, I don't consider myself commercial if I don't buy it during the commercial period, and if I buy it because I like it and not because I saw it on MTV.

But yeah, prog/power is damn fine, as well as 80's thrash and various others.[/color]

I couldn't care less about whether or not its commercial or was commercial... hair metal is damn good :)

Most of it's only a small step away from the true heavy metal of the '80s anyway and the only real differences are in the vocals (and not always there even), the attitude and the lyrical content. It's just got more of a rock & roll edge, but then so do heaps of true metal bands like Manowar, Scorpions, Accept, W.A.S.P., etc.

You can't really compare it to alternative/grunge/industrial etc. as far as both being the commercial types of metal. Firstly, hair metal is metal and the others aren't lol. And secondly, grunge is the exact opposite to metal really (completely against the whole leather, hair, guitar solos, big drums, high speed, etc) and is what killed it in the mainstream. All the alternative rock that's come out since then is a result of the grunge movement.

It's weird because the reason I think all that stuff was called "alternative" was because it was alternative to what most hard rock was at the time (the whole larger than life rock & roll thing), and now the true heavy metal and rock & roll has become the alternative to the alternative.

[color=#AOEOOA]Like the Lyrics of the Stuck Mojo song Despise off their Pigwalk album.

[/color]"We're the alternative to the alternative, heavy is where it's at."

[color=#AOEOOA]Or the previous track, The Sermon.[/color]

"We live in a time when a world intended, much needed musical revolution has been weakened, perverted, polluted, until it is no more than a hideous fashion show.

A fashion show that began as a rebellion itself against corporate mainstream, yet today it finds itself to be the very mainstream that it claimed to be alternative to.

While the bands who would before criticize arena rock stars now find themselves arena rock stars!

What was once the antidote has now become the poison.
The cure has become the disease."

[color=#AOEOOA]Nicely said.[/color]