Death metal vocals

Heheh but I wouldn't call arena rock a disease :) Arena rock rules haha.

There's nothing wrong with being a popular band imo. I wish glam metal was topping charts again! If it was it would mean we'd get great bands touring here!

[color=#AOEOOA]Why don't you just stalk Vince Neil and then not sing to his songs so he bitches and leaves the stage.

Do I need to explain that one? Or do you pay attention to the news?[/color]

i believe that alternative was supported in the early 90s to stand against metal. but fortunately it coudn't,

am from the old school metal (zeppelin, maiden, sabbath, priest, slayer, old metallica, etc) and i see that the normal evolution on the 80s heavy metal and thrash is the now called power/prog/death/black metal for the new millinium

sure ignoring the nu(ts) metal and alt. metal and all other garbage

i was listening to some hairbands in the early 90s they were cool and rocks, but i don't really into that dancy music
\m/

Prog is never going to be mainstream, noone wants to hear a 12 minute song on the radio except prog fans!

Mainstream = 3 to 5 minute catchy songs that radio can play (nothing wrong with that, theres plenty of great bands who write them, but prog will never be that!)

Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
[color=#AOEOOA]If Tool helped the genre instead of taking from it they could bring Prog into mainstream. Dream Theater, Symphony X, Opeth and the like.[/color]

Tool? I dont know about you but I dont want tool and its fan base to have anything to do with the likes of dream theater, Opeth and the rest.

Tool :puke:

I like all metal.....some types more than others. Lots of Euro power metal bands have no power at all. Lots of death bands should have a listen to bands like Death and At The Gates to find out how death vocals should be done.

What's grunge anyway? Ok, Nirvana and Pearl Jam, but who else?

listen to emperor, ihsahn vox is amazing,

i believe that now no more strong and unique vocals like the past
i.e. robert plant, ozzy osbourne, rob halford, dio, bruce dicknson and others,

for the new trend of death metal is better than the old
i mean the new like in flames, soilwork, and the old like cannibal corpse, carcass,...etc

i prefer the black metal voice, like emperor and dimmu borgir,

but the power metal vox is the very close to each other, also the way of singing is the same, no innovation in the vox

Winmar, I dont think Death has death vocals, he just has a raspy sort of a voice, he sounds NOTHING like Nile, believe me, and thats the kind of vocals I was talking about!

Haha yeah, Nile vocals are very different to those of Death! Nile's ones are rather silly. I like the music, but Nile has three vocalists, and they're all shit! I wish other death vocalists did sound like Chuck.

I just thought I'd add a completely irrelevant comment here, that Vince Neil has a rockin' voice and I love it hahah!

Except he sounds a little funny in certain parts of Generation Swine and New Tattoo but still cool :)

I just don't think the Nile vocals are very good overall. They often just make me laugh. As far as growly death vocals go, I've heard much better.

Again, what is grunge other than Nirvana and Pearl Jam?????? It's trendy for metal people to bag grunge, but at the same time I'm never quite sure what they're bagging.

I don't think of grunge as a style of music like most people do, when everyone says "they aren't grunge!" or whatever. I think of it more as the movement that happened in the early '90s, kinda the "anti-rock&roll" lol. Grunge to me means the death of the whole arena rock, leather, excess, rock star thing... and the takeover of the more "boring" rock for lack of a better word coz I'm too tired to think of something haha.

i think the grunge is the begining of the alternative era, it's something between rock and funk mmmm i donno what to say exactly but i hate nirvana and pearl jam,

Originally posted by nile_demon
nile vocals are matched with their music,
who are you thinking could sing for them?
rob halford, veince neil? or any power metal singer?

The guy from Entombed would do a great job.

Winmar: I know, have you heard Deaths cover of Painkiller? :worship: :)

Early Pearl Jam rules (don't like any of their stuff post-Vitalogy). I don't think they were grunge, just as Soundgarden weren't grunge but a lot of people still say they were because they were from Seattle.

Originally posted by Winmar
Nile's ones are rather silly. I like the music, but Nile has three vocalists, and they're all shit! I wish other death vocalists did sound like Chuck.

3 vocalists? :eek: That poor band. Maybe they ought to give the 4th guy a go and see if he can sing :)
As it is, I wouldnt wipe my ass with a Nile cd because id be afraid of offending my own shit with it :D

Chuck Billy, now THERES a great vocalist in deathish style. The Gathering :headbang:

Originally posted by spawn

As it is, I wouldnt wipe my ass with a Nile cd because id be afraid of offending my own shit with it :D

Maybe you could send it to me. I'm sure I'd find a use for it. :)

Have you heard a Nile cd before Sydo? If you shit one into the toilet you would apologise to the toilet :)

Actually, if you HAVE heard their stuff, what did you think of it?