Death Metal

Ex-cally-boo said:
Vital Remains were a great band, pre-Dechristianize anyways.

WHy is it when a band gets some sort of recognition, people turn against them? VR were indeed a good band, but Dechristianize is an excellent album. The fact you liked them BEFORE it doesn't make you cool, or elitist, or anything like that.

No, I was actually, introduced to the band through Dechristianized.

I thought it was a great album for the longest time, and then it just happened, I realized it is a mediocre release. The songs are too long, very repetitive, verse chorus verse set up, and the vocals are horrible.

In their earlier days they were doing some very good stuff, nothing that was overly speed based, infact mid-paced death metal, that was quite original.

Ex-cally-boo said:
No, I was actually, introduced to the band through Dechristianized.

I thought it was a great album for the longest time, and then it just happened, I realized it is a mediocre release. The songs are too long, very repetitive, verse chorus verse set up, and the vocals are horrible.

In their earlier days they were doing some very good stuff, nothing that was overly speed based, infact mid-paced death metal, that was quite original.

Not sure I agree that they were original. Sounded a lot like early Death to me - no problem with that though, I love all their albums. But Dechristianize is a high point for me, in DM releases overall. You are not a Deicide fan I take it? I LOVE Glenn's vocals on that album. :headbang:

This new Obituary album is fucking great BTW! Blows away their recent pish, like The End Complete or Back From The Dead.

Deicide is a fucking joke of a band. I just can't take them seriously because both musically and lyricaly, they are horrible.

Ex-cally-boo said:
Deicide is a fucking joke of a band. I just can't take them seriously because both musically and lyricaly, they are horrible.

Lyrically they're terrible, yes. But musically? You like early VR, but can't find anything worthwhile in Deicide, Legion, Once Upon The Cross or Scars of the Crucifix? The mind boggles :loco:
No offence, each to their own, I like Deicide, even Insineratehymn and the other one no one likes.

In Torment In Hell, that's it.

Stormwatch said:
WHy is it when a band gets some sort of recognition, people turn against them? VR were indeed a good band, but Dechristianize is an excellent album. The fact you liked them BEFORE it doesn't make you cool, or elitist, or anything like that.

I totally agree. In my opinion Dechristianize is one of the best death metal albums ever recorded! Only minus is the weak kickdrum sound..

Gore-illa said:
I totally agree. In my opinion Dechristianize is one of the best death metal albums ever recorded! Only minus is the weak kickdrum sound..

Oh God, the drums sound terrible...But the songs are superb. The title track IS too long, and displays a little of the "St Anger" syndrome (pro-tools used to repeat over and over and over). But it's a quality album.

VadimVon said:
Also, that was the only decent thing Barnes had ever participated in before making a total faggot of himself in SFU.

Obviously you've never heard Leviathan or Tirant Sin.

Along with many other forms of metal, I love death metal, both current and old.

Pestilence, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Death, Atheist, Boltthrower, Napalm Death (Harmony Corruption and later in regards to DM), Carcass, Gorguts, Sadus, Vital Remains, Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Monstrosity, Hate Eternal, Suffocation, Incantation, Immolation, Edge of Sanity, Necrophagist, Malevolent Creation, Paralysis, Krisiun, man I could go on forever.... :headbang:

Simply because they are not.

Compare Nile to Wormed or Saprogenic. Does it sound alike to them? No. It doesn't.