Death Metal

Ex-cally-boo said:
Oh yes, because we all know that Metal-Archives is the be all end all for metal knowledge.

Well, they are more then you are. :D

Also, I have one thing to say about Nile.

BALDING.

Balding Death Metal.

Stormwatch said:
WHy is it when a band gets some sort of recognition, people turn against them? VR were indeed a good band, but Dechristianize is an excellent album. The fact you liked them BEFORE it doesn't make you cool, or elitist, or anything like that.

HOLY SHIT I'VE ONLY HEARD THE TITLE TRACK ON THE ALBUM!!! I DOWNLOADED IT ONLINE... IT'S ONE OF MY 20 FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME!!! I MUST FIND THIS ALBUM!!!:headbang:

Ex-cally-boo said:
XD Nile isn't brutal death metal. Haha.
Do you know anything about metal?

WHy is it when a band gets some sort of recognition, people turn against them? VR were indeed a good band, but Dechristianize is an excellent album. The fact you liked them BEFORE it doesn't make you cool, or elitist, or anything like that.
I concur. I'm so tired of that shit:hotjump:

Nile are so brutal it's like the entire set from the mummy returns dropping on your house. Ten thousand mummy pharoas falling from the sun crushing all the children playing outside. Innocence destroyed by mummies pyramids & other egpytian artifacts.

Stormwatch said:
Not sure I agree that they were original. Sounded a lot like early Death to me - no problem with that though, I love all their albums. But Dechristianize is a high point for me, in DM releases overall. You are not a Deicide fan I take it? I LOVE Glenn's vocals on that album. :headbang:

This new Obituary album is fucking great BTW! Blows away their recent pish, like The End Complete or Back From The Dead.

Yes, I like Dechristianize. It's melodic-death metal but a lot better than that Gothenburg "death metal:.

Deicide were the weakest out of the big 4 in the Florida death metal scene but their earlier work is pretty cool.

:err: I heard the hype from Frozen In Time but didn't like it as much.

MasKedRage said:
FACT: CANNIBAL CORPSE SUCK DICK!!!!
anyway...good death metal bands are immolation, amon amarth, DEATH = GOD, Arch Enemy, Opeth, Six Feet Under (not much...acdc covers), Suffocation, decapitated

Fuck you.

EvileOL said:
I only like a few DM bands

Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Obituary
Death
Cryptopsy
Suffocation
Immolation
Vital Remains

That's a good list. I like most of my DM straight ahead and heavy. I do like the more technical/proggy stuff like Necrophagist, Amorphis, and Cephalic Carnage as well. Incantation, Black Dahlia Murder, Carcass, Anal Blast, Dissection, and Morbid Angel are also among my favorites.

I'm not such a huge fan of death metal. The majority of it is rather bland in my opinion. Bands like Deicide, Hate Eternal, Suffocation, Deeds of Flesh tend to bore me. I'm not saying they're bad or anything, they just don't appeal to me. Its just my opinion.

However some bands/albums that i do tend to like:
Behemoth & Nile
Belphegor - "The Goatreich - Fleshcult"
Panzerchrist - "Roomservice"
and stuff like that....

Personally, i'm at the point where i just don't consider music to be heavy at all. Sure, at one point i did, but unfortunately that feeling is long gone.

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I don't understand. So what art form do you consider heavy? Metalworking? Stone carving?

A couple years ago i could listen to death metal/black metal etc and say to myself "This is definitely some heavy shit."

However, nothing that i listen to anymore warrants that kind of feeling.

VampyrRose said:
A couple years ago i could listen to death metal/black metal etc and say to myself "This is definitely some heavy shit."

However, nothing that i listen to anymore warrants that kind of feeling.

You mean you've played so much stuff that it doesn't hit you as being "heavy" anymore? I kind of understand that in a wa - like when I was 8, the Black Sabbath that my dad played sounded like a tonne of bricks.

Now it doesn't.

That doesn't mean, however, that I can't hear "heavy" in death metal etc anymore, just that I now know how to appreciate it, rather than:

OMG TAHT METAL IZ DA HEAVEIST EVA!!!!!!!! LOL111