Fucking Death Metal!!!

"metal is founded from the ethics of anger, chaos, disorder, rebellion which promote a music that initially is geared to sound aggressive and heavy. " -Sculpted

This is true. Metal and punk are both about rebellion against conformity. Not only these emotions but a lot of heavy metal bands make songs based on fantasies or myths. The great part about metal is that no music style is louder or aggressive sounding. LONG LIVE HEAVY METAL

Death metal grew out of Thrash but taking it a lot heavier and faster. That's why Thrashers can get into Death Metal.

Ok why arent the other genres of metal (including death metal) getting as much fame respect money fan base as nu metal? why arent the more talented artists doing better than the ones who do simple beats and riffs? Why wont it be accepted by more people? Thats what i want to know

Originally posted by MURAI
Death metal grew out of Thrash but taking it a lot heavier and faster. That's why Thrashers can get into Death Metal.
True. Death metal is more dry for ppl who are listening to melodic, lighter stuffs. For them it`s too monotonous. Tey should listen to dm more carefully otherwise their ears are `deaf`to these kind of melodies. At the other hand good death metal needs attention while you are listening to it so it`s not working as a background music for them.
And as SculptedCold mentioned... many ppl don`t like the dm vocals .. understandable or not.. they just don`t like growlings.

the best exmaple is my family... they normally not comlain about the music I`m listening to but when I put on a dm cd... they keep asking if there are any other human beings on Earth who like this music :lol:

it's very simple :)

i dont like it coz i can undersand jack shit from what they say ....so if i don't understand the words i may as well hear polka music :p

mallcore is a gate way to metal. people listen to mallcore then people laugh at them and tell them they are retarded. then that person finds real metal and realizes mallcore sucks. thats what happened to everyone at a message board i post at. and the people that didnt like metal went wo www.metal-rules.com

Originally posted by CrazyMF
it's very simple :)

i dont like it coz i can undersand jack shit from what they say ....so if i don't understand the words i may as well hear polka music :p

I couldn'e really give a fuck what their singing about. It's those fucking RIFFS that do it for me. Brutal fucking RIFFS.

Originally posted by union9
I couldn'e really give a fuck what their singing about. It's those fucking RIFFS that do it for me. Brutal fucking RIFFS.

Me too.
In fact, when I'm listening to death metal, I find myself singing along to the riffs more so than the lyrics!

I happen to love death metal just because there is more diversity to it than any other musical genre out there. If you're not in the mood for something too harsh, you can listen to more melodic stuff and then vice versa. Of course, there are a ton of shitty bands, but then again there are shitty bands in every form of music. You just need to know where to look and how to weed out the crap.

That's very true.

But then again, you should know how to do that with any form of music. I remember listening to Steely Dan before they got big, I mean, it's just all where, and how hard you look.