Death Metal

Yeah, I heard it was like a fucking bath in there from someone who went to the Wednesday show. Said they put on a really good show though. Too bad I'm broke...

i'm really excited to see at the gates, i know some pretty elitist fucks who are total kvlt rurrghh extreme faggots though, they keep saying OH YEAH MUNICIPAL WASTE IS GOING TO DESTROY THAT SHOW AND SO IS REPULSION FUCK AT THE GATES THEY'RE FAGS. its pretty pathetic.

Repulsion is going to destroy that show man. With the horrible set lists I've been seeing from AtG I can't imagine Repulsion NOT outdoing them.

Too bad I won't have a chance to see 'em.

I would love to see AtG tbh no matter what songs they played.

I must say I was rather silly to not have thought of going to the NY show and staying with my brother.

that setlist is actually perfect for me considering i like Slaughter Of The Soul and Terminal Spirit Disease the best. I would've rather seen the flames of the end be the intro tape though. it may seem weird since that is the outro but i love it and would want it there at the beginning to get pumped up and build the anticipation, either that or and the world returned, or equally as good they could've just opened with the swarm which has an intro. does anyone know if they're using any sort of intro or if they're just jumping into it?

I was checking Origin's myspace page, and there's a song off the latest album (Antithesis). Fuck, I listened to it three times in a row :kickass:

Unfortunately, that's the only one from the new album.

Echoes of Decimation (2005) didn't impress me at all, but this new song made me curious. Wonder if anyone has listened to the whole thing, would like to get some opinions. :cool:

I've listened to a few songs off of the new Origin on XM Radio including Wrath of Vishnu and I like all the songs. Really good stuff. Just wish the vocals were a little higher in the mix.

Origin is seriously everything wrong with modern death metal. Shitty techy riffs, showy solos, endless blastbeats, etc.

Origin is seriously everything wrong with modern death metal. Shitty techy riffs, showy solos, endless blastbeats, etc.

As I wrote before, the album before this new one didn't impress me, it sounds like a single long song. And its production doesn't help.

But the new song available at their myspace page sounds just great. Riffs are really good, godlike solos, great drumming, etc. I'm really interested, but I only got to listen to this one song.

I'll probably try listening to a couple more songs before getting the CD.

Btw I last saw Morbid Angel on Waldrock and they even played a new song! (so they still have time to write some new material :p) but I must say, it sounded promosing. Heretic was boring, so I hope the new album will slay again.

I don't quite understand why people scramble over Fleshcrawl's first album. It's good, but far from excellent. Is it just because it's rare?

I don't quite understand why people scramble over Fleshcrawl's first album. It's good, but far from excellent. Is it just because it's rare?

Not rare at all, but it's good doomy death metal eventhough the album is a bit too long. I like their second album better.

It's very good for a death metal album(don't even know why I sold it). I'm a die-hard old school DM fan and there are old schoolers and we're pretty picky on what DM sounds like. I for the most part do not like death metal after the early 90's and it's not even really the samething now. I guess it really depends on what type of death metal you like. I like modern music in general, but when it comes to DM it has to be really old school.

Well when I think of old school Swedish death metal I think of Penetralia and Like An Everflowing Stream.

I'll keep listening to it, but soon it will only be through iTunes since I'm trading it with cash to Ben_t in exchange for that long-sought-after Odium album.

as one wise guy once put it (me) 'descend into the absurd' is the epitome of everything death metal was driving towards from the outset, it's incredible, so barren and wild and ferally deconstructive. so much about it is perfect, i seriously love that album a lot. a lot of people aren't as taken with it, maybe it needs approaching from a particular angle, i dunno, i'm not big on dismember as i've said before