Death Metal

Nile's debut is a hell of a lot better than I figured it would've been. It isn't terrible, but it still isn't the best thing out there. At the very least it is a hell of a lot better than the rest of their crap.

IMO Nile get better with each album, and peak with Annihilation of the Wicked, while Ithyphallic isn't quite as good. I like them quite a bit, but they are not the best death metal band out there. The Chasm and Arghoslent are probably my favorite contemporary death metal bands.

Yeah, I know. For a moment I thought that maybe I had found someone who owns it.

What other "Obscure" Swedish bands (that you mentioned on the other post) would you recommend? I am very aware of Crematory, Gorement, God Macabre....

Thanks.

You're probably aware of these as well, but maybe stuff like Goddefied, Utumno, Moondark, Sarcasm, Authorize, Darkified, Obscure Infinity and Toxaemia?

I once had a guy wanting to trade his copy of A Bitter Twist of Fate for my copy of Across the Horizon. No chance. ;)

IMO Nile get better with each album, and peak with Annihilation of the Wicked, while Ithyphallic isn't quite as good. I like them quite a bit, but they are not the best death metal band out there. The Chasm and Arghoslent are probably my favorite contemporary death metal bands.

Agreed.

Nile = Great DM.

Not the best band, though.

At Krig: Yeah, the drumming on every Nile album is great, it just doesn't seem that great compared to the others, Masturbating The War God and Black Seeds of Vengeance are the only great songs on there.

At Krig: Yeah, the drumming on every Nile album is great, it just doesn't seem that great compared to the others, Masturbating The War God and Black Seeds of Vengeance are the only great songs on there.

I couldn't honestly like or listen to a song called masturbating the war god and be okay with myself.

i masturbate no one but myself. :rofl:

wtffff.

^And apparently Waking The Cadaver's sexist and misogynistic lyrics like "I know the Insides of Women" are any better? Just saying if you can tolerate that you can tolerate Masturbating The War God. :lol:
I really need to read the story behind that song in the booklet. :lol:

How is Hornets of the Pogrom? I have Incorrigible Bigotry and like it quite a bit. King Richard tells me that Hornets is really bad... what are your thoughts?

Incorrigible Bigotry is just slightly better, but Hornets is still really damn good. I think you would at the very least like Hornets if you liked Incorrigible Bigotry, as they haven't exactly reinvented their sound/ideology/etc in any sense, though the latest seems a tad more influenced by heavy metal to me.

can anyone in here hint me in the direction of more riff and chord based death metal that's really heavy? an example that comes to mind is Kataklysm, lots of heavy breakdowns are appreciated and yes i know this request is faggy, you don't need to mention it i am well aware.

I listened to Beyond Sanctorum (from apg) and The Stench of Redemption (from a friend) yesterday. The former was fantastic, the latter was OK...

Incorrigible Bigotry is just slightly better, but Hornets is still really damn good. I think you would at the very least like Hornets if you liked Incorrigible Bigotry, as they haven't exactly reinvented their sound/ideology/etc in any sense, though the latest seems a tad more influenced by heavy metal to me.
Yes, HotP is almost as good as IB, and I like it slightly better than GttBR. It isn't quite as catchy as IB upon first listen, but I also find that the riffing is slightly more complex than it is on IB. HotP is a great CD, and is tied at #1 of the year for me with Mourning Beloveth - A Disease for the Ages. I know the year is barely half over, but I don't think an album that I like better than either will be released this year.