Death Metal

Groove is ok, but I hate groove metal. Good trad metal is music with groove that I like.

What's wrong with groove metal? It has nothing to do with nu-metal etc. Some bands do it fucking bad tho, but Pantera and Overkill do it pretty great imo.

Anyways, I don't think a little groove hurts death metal, but if there's too much of it it certainly doesn't work. A good example would be Atheist, because of their jazz-influences some of their songs make the songs so groovy they sound like fucking funk jams. I love their music tho, progressive death metal is fucking awesome.
I like these death metal bands that really take it progressive, just like Death and Atheist, and are not about insane technicality, like Brain Drill etc.

I find this to be some quality Brazilian style Death Metal.

Disforterror - Impalement and Holocaust Stench
DisforterrorCD.jpg

i just heard Crypt of Kerberos this band fuckin slays ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxy-iA_RHqs&feature=related[/ame]

old-school rulz !!!!

Just listened to Hieronymus Bosch for the first time. Holy shit, they're fucking amazing! The song was Fingerprint Labyrinth. I think I need to order the album.

What's wrong with groove metal? It has nothing to do with nu-metal etc. Some bands do it fucking bad tho, but Pantera and Overkill do it pretty great imo.
I just happen to dislike most bands labeled groove metal. I won't say it sucks; it's just not my cup of tea. I do agree that a little bit of groove isn't bad in death metal, and can even work very well.