Death Metal

i'm kinda in a weird place with metal because it isn't that i dislike it - that i find it bad sounding now - i just don't have the same connection to it as i did in the past

i guess i use metal more as an escapist genre and at this point in time i need to confront things instead of hiding and the music i tend to listen to now is i guess more or less rooted in some kind of reality

i'm kinda in a weird place with metal because it isn't that i dislike it - that i find it bad sounding now - i just don't have the same connection to it as i did in the past

i guess i use metal more as an escapist genre and at this point in time i need to confront things instead of hiding and the music i tend to listen to now is i guess more or less rooted in some kind of reality

Yeah man, you listen to Paramore. Because life is like a Disney Channel program. That's great that you're in touch with reality now. Hey, I'm going to punch you in the dick if I see you at MDF. I'm not joking at all. Cover your dick.

In simpler terms: I pussied out.

Nah, not at all! I've always been a pussy :p

But I think it is safe the say that the subject matter covered by bands such as The Antlers, defiance ohio, M.I.A., etc. is far more relevant on a day to day basis than Sacramentum, The Chasm, Suffocation, etc.

Exceptions apply such as Saint Vitus

I'll probably kill myself when I start worrying about the tedium of everyday life more than the semi-idealist themes that most good metal dabbles in.

In other words, fuck growing up.

haha

i don't know - at least maybe try the antlers' hospice. it isn't exactly "every day" stuff and is just as sincere as any good metal is

REVOLTING+COVERw+logo(small).jpg

good call on the revolting. Most of the shit RAZORBACK recs puts out are mind blowing. I love the old school worship. IMPETIGO rule. Sorry if you have already talked about razorback, i'm new here.

The new Goreaphobia album is really fucking great. Every song on the album sounds different, it's kind of weird actually but not bad. Certain songs are heavily immolation influenced while others sound more like Master. Also seems this album has a morbid angel sound going. it's def. a good album, it's pretty unique while staying old school.

I mean it's nothing we haven't heard before but they do it really well. I'd rank this with the best death metal albums to come out this year.

fuck ya on the GOREAPHOBIA, beena fan since the early 90's. They've always had a killer sound.

179537_1_f.jpg

Been really digging this again. Solid Obituary record, I Don't Care what you guys say. har har

This album slays. The End Complete is more my OBITUARY even though Cause of Death and Sloaly We Rot are almost just a s good. The later shit is all really boring.

Finally got around to checking out the new Slugathor and Ignominious Incarceration. Both good.

Holy SLUGATHOR rule. Thanx for that one. Old School butr not weak at all. All things death metal i grew up on that ruled.

A band worse than Devourment, WoW. Honestly could not even get through 1 minute because that was excruciatingly terrible, the vocalist especially sucks to the point it's embarassing.

the first album "Molesting the Decapitated" is the only album you need by them.

so i see. when this album came out i picked up from united gutteral skinless "progression rowards evil", rotting "crushed", deaden "hymms of the sick" and devourment "molesting.....". all albums, especially devourment has lasted the longest in my player. the breakdowns are better then shitloads out there.