Death Metal

What about Seven Chalices by Teitanblood that was released a couple of years back? Absolute class album I thought, nice dirty death metal =)

Breed Deadness Blood is average at best imo. I've given the album listens here and there hoping would like it. Stench -in putrescence is my favorite newer DM album as of now and highly recomend it.

What about Seven Chalices by Teitanblood that was released a couple of years back? Absolute class album I thought, nice dirty death metal =)

Probably top 10-15, but I don't know how anyone can place it at #1 above things like Graves of the Archangels, Conjuration of the Spectral Empire, or Triune Impurity Rites.

Also, Circle of Death would be in my top 10 dm releases of the last decade.

People in love with these bands playing sub par incantation/immolation material never ceases to amaze me. The Embrace of Thorns album was ass... I will agree with the Teitanblood album. Fucking awesome. Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal is pretty awesome. I'm not really in love with a lot of the newer albums you guys are. *shrug*

Seven Chalices is definitely well within the upper echelon of death metal from the past decade. It's truly an exceptional work, although I would argue that it's as black metal as it is death metal. Graves of the Archangels, Conjuration of the Spectral Empire, Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm, Death Transmutation, and The Chalices of Ages all belong in the discussion. For Slugathor, I contend that Echoes from Beneath is definitively their best work. I would also like to throw another name out there: Church Bizarre's Sinister Glorification.

Considering DM albums from the past few years I would add Karnarium's S/T (2008). It's a pretty badass DM album, one of my favourite 2008 releases.

If I'm not mistaken I recall reading a good review of the album which was written by Dodens Grav (perhaps for the blog...?)Anyway it's damn solid stuff and I don't see it praised enough.

BTW good call on Church Bizarre, it's a great album indeed.

:kickass:

Considering DM albums from the past few years I would add Karnarium's S/T (2008). It's a pretty badass DM album, one of my favourite 2008 releases.

Dude I wanted to mention that album today! Seriously, it's a great stuff and I don't see it around enough.

Grace Miasma kinda annoys me because everytime the "Pillars" riff pops up in my head I'm really angry. That's like the oldest cool dm riff of all time, I could sing it if you woke me at 2AM fucking anytime. Fucking earworm.

Dude I wanted to mention that album today! Seriously, it's a great stuff and I don't see it around enough.

:kickass:

Here's that review: http://thehereticstorch.blogspot.com/2009/03/karnarium-karnarium-2008.html. Anyway, while we're at the naming game, Grave Miasma - Exalted Emanation and Excoraite - ...On Pestilent Winds are worthy of mention.

Yeah, that's the review. The Grave Miasma EP is definitely worthy of mention. Don't know if it counts, but Spearhead's Decrowning the Irenarch (2007) is also sexy. It's great Death / Black metal.

@ Yoda: Word. I'm in the process of reviewing it right now, which is why it was on my mind. More shit, without digging too far back:

Stargazer - A Great Work of Ages
Blood Revolt - Indoctrine
Bloody Sign - Chaos Echoes
Vasaeleth - Crypt-Born & Tethered to Ruin
Ares Kingdom - Incendiary
Impetuous Ritual - Relentless Execution of Ceremonial Excrescence
Asphyx - Death...the Brutal Way
Vanhelgd - Cult of Lazarus
Terrorama - Omnipotence
Nocturnal Graves - Satan's Cross

Plus some demos:

Anatomia - Human Lust