Death Metal

New Vanhelgd is incredibly good. Even better than the debut imo. Some of the more melodic moments actually reminds me of old At the Gates. That said I've listened to Cult of Lazarus a shitload as well and it's still one of my favourites of the last few years.

Is the new album by Septic Flesh worth getting? I loved Communion, but I've found them to be very inconsistent in the past.

The new Revolting is pretty good, probably their best yet, despite the awful album art.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not on the site btw, I was talking to him through an email... I could post a picture of it if anyone wanted. :lol:

imgres

"Polish technical death metal band DECAPITATED will release their fifth studio album, “Carnival Is Forever”, in North America and Poland on July 12 via Nuclear Blast Records."

WOOOOO! Super pumped about this, been 5 years since OH. And they got rid of that godawful vocalist they used. This should kick large amounts of unholy ass.

So yeah, aside from maybe the new Blaspherian album, Corpsessed's new MCD "The Dagger & the Chalice" is some of the best death metal I've heard all year. Fans of Incantation, Demigod, Rippikoulu, and modern bands like Vasaeleth and Father Befouled.

I was so impressed with Miasmal's set at MDF that I bought their self-titled album and I fucking love it. Highly recommended for people who like Swedish-style death metal with thick, hellish production and catchy rhythms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't heard that Corpsessed yet, my favorites this year so far though..

Autopsy - Macabre Eternal
Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult
Lantern - Subterranean Effulgence
Deceased - Surreal Overdose
Antediluvian - Revelations in Excrement
Vastum - Carnal Law
Nader Sadek - In The Flesh