Death Metal

Incantation's pre-Onward To Golgotha recordings are really good and also Mortal Throne Of Nazarene is a favourite of mine within their discography.

Have you checked them out?

as someone who's checked out an awful lot of acclaimed old school DM from the past few years, i can confirm that there is a pretty major trend of bands ripping off both incantation and immolation, often with a lil extra discordance or whatever. that being the case, i think tagging this stuff under one label is kind of useful, so long as people don't start misusing it (which they often do in my experience).

i've never really worshipped incantation the way some people do, but MORTAL THRONE was always my favourite. i do feel like i'm missing something with OtG though and wouldn't be surprised if it ends up clicking with me at some point.

Reactions: CiG
any love on here for this beast?
2h4c47s.jpg

Reactions: Phylactery and Omni
I remember listening to Grave Ekstasis laying in bed in the dark when I first got it. Felt like I was fucking drowning. Their second album is out on NWN. I have it but I haven't had a chance to give it a proper listen.

Reactions: Draehl
One of the members of Infester has a band with a new album out called Ritual Chamber, that some here might be interested in.

These are just some of my favorite albums in the genre

Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Autopsy - Mental Funeral
Morbid Angel - Domination
Possessed - Seven Churches
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
The Crown - Deathrace King

Also I don't know if you would consider it more thrash but Sodom is sick
especially In The Sign Of Evil and Tapping The Vein

I'm digging more in the 80s style death metal because I like it a bit more

Reactions: CiG
Hoping for a cd release on those. I remember hearing the cube years ago on an osdm blog I downloaded shit from and being obsessed with it for a while.

Reactions: JontRevolting