Death Metal

Lately, I've been kind of doing a country-by-country evaluation of death metal on Facebook, just to alleviate boredom and hopefully learn some new bands. It's been pretty successful so far, lots of fun and interesting discussions about what comes from where, especially when I posted about Mexico, Antimo from Disgorge, Ravager, and a ton of others gave me a FUCKTON of links to some obscure Mexican DM. Anyway, Today's countries were Puerto Rico and Panama, and I only know two bands from each country, so I figured I'd share them with you guys, pretty good stuff.

Puerto Rico:
Encrypted, 2001 EP Drifting to the Impaled

Organic Infest, probably the most known band of the bunch. Classic 93 ugliness.

Panama:
Encryptor, not to be confused with Encrypted above.

Antagonized.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
(beyond the classics like Bolt Thrower, Benediction, Desecration, Evoke, Prophecy of Doom etc)
@morguelord @CASSETTEISGOD

Speaking of UK styled DM, y'all might fuck with this:

Bruh. :lol:

Frankly I just don't care for the way they look at music, the way the use it. I fucking HATE political bands, whether I agree with their politics or not, and they focus a lot on politics, so fuck them.

I completely agree with you here, when a band is very political and preachy I try my hardest to tune it out and just enjoy the sonic annihilation but it can be hard. At least with old Napalm Death the vocals were mostly indecipherable lmao.

This is also why I will always prefer Carcass, give me medical splatter lyrics any day. I actually haven't listened too much to Heartwork which is something I need to change one day, I just keep worshiping Symphonies of Sickness instead. :rofl:

Tons of links to go through here!

I don't care if lyrics and whatnot are about it. Hell, I hate veganism and PETA and all that shit, but I'll still listen to Cattle Decap (well, perhaps a bad example as I probably haven't listened to them in about 4 years or so, I hate their new stuff). But when a band goes beyond just lyrics and focuses the band on some kind of socio-political bullshit, I can't fucking stand it. Death metal is my escape from the bullshit of the real world, I listen to music about rape and gore and murder made by like-minded dudes who just wanna play music for the sake of the love of that music. I read some of "Choosing Death" and they went on and on about how ND moved in political circles and were active in this and that and blah blah blah FUCK YOU. Don't use extreme music as a tool to further your fucking faggot political agenda, even if it's something I agree with. Fuck any death metal band who gets on stage and preaches or tries to use music to push an agenda, commit suicide in front of your parents you piece of shit.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
LMAO.

Exactly why I like bands like Nekro Drunkz too, it's juvenile I know but I grew up on South Park, I love anything that tries to offend the busy-bodies and pearl-clutchers. Hail Meat Shits!

Reactions: morguelord
Exactly why I don't like bands that do it, avoid at ALL COSTS!!!!

Let me know what you think of those last few links I posted. A couple are bit more BDM oriented, but in an old-school way, not new, flashy productions and "$lamz" and shit lol

No it's great. But at the same time, shit gets political pretty quickly here in the GMD so let's change the subject!

0dTeZrv.jpg

Hahahahahahaha that made my fucking day. My friends all get a kick out of me ranting about literal fucking nonsense, it's all tongue-in-cheek fun anyway.

EDIT: On one hand, I'm probably funnier in person, but the Carlton avatar definitely helps.

Lately, I've been kind of doing a country-by-country evaluation of death metal on Facebook, just to alleviate boredom and hopefully learn some new bands. It's been pretty successful so far, lots of fun and interesting discussions about what comes from where, especially when I posted about Mexico, Antimo from Disgorge, Ravager, and a ton of others gave me a FUCKTON of links to some obscure Mexican DM. Anyway, Today's countries were Puerto Rico and Panama, and I only know two bands from each country, so I figured I'd share them with you guys, pretty good stuff.

Puerto Rico:
Encrypted, 2001 EP Drifting to the Impaled

Organic Infest, probably the most known band of the bunch. Classic 93 ugliness.

Panama:
Encryptor, not to be confused with Encrypted above.

Antagonized.

Those were all ripping as fuck. I especially liked that Encrypted EP, might have to track it down on CD at some point. Organic Infest was quite cool too, with just the right amount of weirdness (mostly in the production) to make me want to keep trying to unlock its charms.

I didn't know a single Puerto Rican death metal band until now (only some doom metal) but I do know some cool stuff from Panama:

You might not like this since it grinds a lot but I think it rules, strong stuff from 2017.

This is some really evil stuff, a great demo that I wish would get reissued.

Fairly standard Sepultura worship, a cool demo.

Christ Snacks are a source of soreness for me, because all of their demos reveal a potential that the band might have been Panama's answer to Impetigo or something but the recording quality of every demo I have been able to track down is just so grubby that they're hard to enjoy. They recently reformed though so maybe something cool will happen.

Anyways those are all the ones I know. You should definitely spread this location-based game to here morgue, always keen to hear some new shit from out of the way places.

Going to get stuck into that brutal death metal/slam list now.

Encrypted is easy as fuck to find, I think I paid $3 to get it from CDN Records. Once I get back to more obscure countries like those, I may share some here. Right now, I'm examining America state by state, I'll be doing Arizona today hahaha. CIG are you on FB? I could always use someone with your knowledge on there, and literally all I post about is death metal 99% of the time hahaha.

I hope you dig that list. I'm almost certain you'll like the top part of it, the more old school slam shit. Anyone who likes death metal should like that stuff, it's heavy, hateful, and percussive as fuck.

Anyway, here's a little more of whatI've been listening to:

Gaffed, changed name from Ritual Torment. Ahead-of-its-time early 90s brutal death.

Cardinal, Dutch brutality in the vein of Pyaemia and Severe Torture. Only did this EP, hard to find.

Ferocity, the German one, not the more well-known Danish one, though that one rules too. Ever wanted to hear Cynic's Focus or some Atheist after they ate like a half pound of shrooms? Here you go.

Ignore the stupid name, because Anal Pus plays some pretty killer tech death, or at least what was considered tech death in 1993. Pretty fun album, glad it's been reissued and is cheap as fuck now.

Reactions: CiG
Thrash metal? Pretty sure there are threads made specifically for posting and talking about thrash metal.

Ferocity, the German one, not the more well-known Danish one, though that one rules too. Ever wanted to hear Cynic's Focus or some Atheist after they ate like a half pound of shrooms? Here you go.

Just quickly wanted to point out that I think this rules!

@HamburgerBoy I think you might get a kick out of this band.

Yeah members of Ferocity actually went on to form Deadborn, another sick German band that's way less weird, and actually a couple briefly played with Necrophagist.

Blessed Sickness rules, Ohio seriously used to have such a great scene. Honestly they still do, I've got a lot of band homies from over there. I'll be seeing TON for like the fourth or fifth time in a couple months in Lafayette, IN with Headrot, that should be an awesome old school show.