Death Metal

20BS is the best current death metal album imo. Dark Descent is usually on top but not this year.

Headsplit is great too but they’ve been kind of being the label that releases the cassette while other ones do the cd/vinyl as of late.

I figured you'd dig that shit man. For those who don't know, I made a massive list on RYM of only obscure death metal, albums having only 20 ratings or less, ranging from 1990 to today, check it out if you wanna find some new stuff.

Cig, I figure you'll be at that list for a while! I know a lot I've posted here before or shown you already, but there's an absurd amount of shit there. Great choices from those for sure dude. Did you know Carnal Tomb was basically Cock and Ball Torture before they decided to piss away their lives playing goregrind? Hahahaha

Did you know Carnal Tomb was basically Cock and Ball Torture

I didn't!

before they decided to piss away their lives playing goregrind? Hahahaha

giphy.gif

I'm seeing Witch Vomit with Fetid, Cruciamentum, The Chasm, Convulse, Mortuary, Pissgrave, and a few others next weekend at Metal Threat Fest in Chicago, gonna try to pick up that new Witch Vomit if they already have it.

Reactions: CiG
and a few others next weekend at Metal Threat Fest in Chicago

Dead Congregation, Deceased, Ares Kingdom, The Ruins of Beverast, Necrovation, and Embrace of Thorns are a few others.

This fest will have a nice UM presence as myself, Funerary_Doom, and Master_Yoda77 will be there and some people that left the forum long ago Zephyrus, Addo_of_Nex, swizzlenuts, and one other friend but I don't recall what his username was.

Wish concerts didn’t fuck me so badly any more. The week long (or more) ring-a-thon just isn’t worth it. I’m so gunshy I’ve only went to a couple bluegrass shows and our asshole friends shitty band at a bar this year. I’ve been having no problems with recorded music though and I’m not really willing to risk that.

Disentomb are doing an Australian tour and even they're skipping my state lmao. I rarely give a shit about shows but I would have liked to see them.

Anyone know where Sunken Chambers of the Nephilim is available for a decent price?

I had an opportunity to pick up all three Gates of Ishtar albums for fairly cheap and I’m wondering if people here have any opinion on them. Yeah they’re “melodeath” but I see a lot of reviews claiming they take cues from the nwobhm, power metal, and even thrash... and all their albums seem to be rated extremely high for a band doing something like that. Mine won’t be in my mailbox for a while yet so I’ll be waiting to see I suppose.

I’m only somewhat familiar with the debut, and honestly I should listen to it more. I remember it being decent, but I might be underrating it here.

Don’t forget to let us know how the other 2 albums are when you receive them.

Cerebral Rot rules, stoked on that new one. Gonna try to see them later this year with Fetid, ultra sick shit.

ALSO stoked to hear that new Undeath, too!! I loved their first demo, ordered it almost immediately. Wild guitar work.

Reactions: CiG