Death Metal

does anyone else find Necrophagist to be pure shit? or is it just me? i dont' know what it is, but i listened to Epitaph and i can't stand it.

You're not alone.

I have that issue with a lot of technical death metal...
I'm not a musician. I dont give a bloody fuck how "technically difficult" your music is to play if it doesnt sound that great.

I have no problem with it if it can sound good and doesnt just sound like someone is wanking their guitar until it shrivels... I dont mind Decapitated... and a few other bands... but the stuff Necrophagist and Brain Drill and bands of the like release just bores me to death.

Maybe I'm a caveman... but I dont care how awesome you can play your instruments... I want the music to fucking rock godIdontbelieveindammit.

I like Necrophagist, honestly. Got both their discs and love them to death. To me it's kinda like power metal that took out the gay vocals and replaced them with awesome ones....on steroids. The fact that they play well is just an added bonus, it's still solid death metal to me. Honestly, it's amazing to see live, and doesn't bore me one bit. Though, if you're not there to see any kind of actual musicianship you might get bored. Braindrills a bit of a different story, I love their tunes, but have to be in the mood to throw the album on. It's chaotic as fuck, and by the 9000th sweep I'm kinda like....alright, next cd.

Anyways, new Severed Savior anyone?

yeah i don't know, i tried to give them a chance, but after the second listen, i just stopped listening to it, its God-awful, I really like Decapitated, and i've not really heard Brain Drill yet to make an opinion, Necrophagist sucks though, just can't do it. Someone told me to listen to The Faceless too, so i download Planetary Duality, now THAT album is absolute SHIT, horrible. They are about the techiest band i've ever heard. They are bad.

Different strokes and whatnot, I guess. Some people like the tech stuff, some people like it simple chugga chugga, others like both. I fall into the "both" category myself. BTW....only listening to something once or twice doesn't seem like you're giving it a fair shake to me. Not that I'm trying to tell anyone how to listen to things...but I like to soak in an album if I'm questioning wether I like it or not.

i don't have some inherent bias against tech stuff but good tech death is really fucking hard to find, even half the acclaimed stuff is totally worthless.

I did just come across a bit of tech death Im actually enjoying...

Element ~ Aeons Past seems really promising... if not for the simple fact that I'm over half way through the album and I havent turned it off yet.

i don't really have a problem with all tech-death, i just didn't really like those two, maybe its a mood thing, someday i'll probably listen to it again but the mood right now says no, my metal enjoyment swirls in different motion from one day to the next.

Someone told me to listen to The Faceless too, so i download Planetary Duality, now THAT album is absolute SHIT, horrible. They are about the techiest band i've ever heard. They are bad.
Funny you mentioned this because i just downloaded that heap of shit myself. Necrophagist and The Faceless are both horrible imo. Decapitated might be the only TechDeath band i can tolerate come to think of it.

I don't really care for tech death metal for the most part. There's really nothing more to it musically or behind it other than being technical, the point of it is being technical which it is.