Deathcore and metalcore suck?

Any "core" band has the simplest shit riffs and lame ass breakdowns every 3.5 seconds. Not only that but the fans are a bunch of Emo jackasses that like to beat the shit out of everyone and call it dancing.

this thread is the reason death/metalcore have a bad name. none of you know anything about it. the only quality post was made by v5. "core" can be a very fun genre to listen to and there is talented musicians/songwriters in it.

btm are not tech death. pick up the new obscura album, then compare it to a despised icon cd and tell me what btm come closer to sounding like.

this thread is the reason death/metalcore have a bad name. none of you know anything about it. the only quality post was made by v5. "core" can be a very fun genre to listen to and there is talented musicians/songwriters in it.

btm are not tech death. pick up the new obscura album, then compare it to a despised icon cd and tell me what btm come closer to sounding like.

why dont you pick up a necrophagist album and a despised icon album and tell ME what BTM comes close to, BTM is tech death.

why dont you pick up a necrophagist album and a despised icon album and tell ME what BTM comes close to, BTM is tech death.

You are annoying.
I don't even like Necrophagist, but both the bands you listed are of much higher quality than BtM, so there's no point in even talking about this. They're average Technical Deathcore that is overshadowed by several other bands in the genres they cross.

Please quit fellating what is essentially an average at best band.

Any "core" band has the simplest shit riffs and lame ass breakdowns every 3.5 seconds. Not only that but the fans are a bunch of Emo jackasses that like to beat the shit out of everyone and call it dancing.
No, please learn something about the genres you're dismissing before dismissing them, also how the fuck do you get from deathcore to emo? The only bridge is some of the deathcore bands do the same straight dyed-black hair combed over the eyes that modern emo (goth-pop, [rant about how old emo is different, link to Rites of Spring myspace]) bands do.

You are annoying.
I don't even like Necrophagist, but both the bands you listed are of much higher quality than BtM, so there's no point in even talking about this. They're average Technical Deathcore that is overshadowed by several other bands in the genres they cross.

Please quit fellating what is essentially an average at best band.

You obviously dont know what you are talking about. BTM is much more complex and technical than necrophagist.

learn2multiquote dude. click the little "+ button of every post you wanna reply to, then click post reply.

BtM do have technicality. but you dont have to get butthurt over people saying they have core influences. fuck genres, let it rest.

btw thanks to whoever that was that rec'd Rose Funeral

You obviously dont know what you are talking about. BTM is much more complex and technical than necrophagist.

That's great, man... they still suck ass. I couldn't care less about how technical they are. Some band wanking for 2 minutes then having a unrealistically boring breakdown does not intrigue me. They're not completely horrible, but they're nothing to write home about... they're just average, perhaps a bit below.

That's great, man... they still suck ass. I couldn't care less about how technical they are. Some band wanking for 2 minutes then having a unrealistically boring breakdown does not intrigue me. They're not completely horrible, but they're nothing to write home about... they're just average, perhaps a bit below.
More then a bit below average. Tbh the majority of the TechDeath genre is unrewarding to say the least.

It amazes me how much more subjectively tech death bands are rated compared to other genres. I really wasn't impressed by Decapitated, and I've heard plenty of arguments over the quality of the Faceless. I like them though.

I agree with V5's posts throughout. There is some good deathcore and metalcore. It is just really over saturated at the moment. The same exact thing happened to death metal in the mid 90's. It's funny how a lot of third tier death metal bands from that era are now championed by the same people who hated them back in the day. 10 years from now when the next trend is here, all the people who hate deathcore and metalcore will say how they liked Animosity back in the day. Such is life with narrow minded metal fans.....

It amazes me how much more subjectively tech death bands are rated compared to other genres. I really wasn't impressed by Decapitated, and I've heard plenty of arguments over the quality of the Faceless. I like them though.

It's most likely because it's a fairly new phenomenon and there aren't any clear cut "classics."

Beneath The Massacre said:
BTM is much more complex and technical than necrophagist.
Not even true tbh...

It's weird because it ought to be the most objective genre; the goal is to be technical and complex, something which is much more quantifiable than atmosphere or vibe.