Define Death Metal and Black Metal for me please

SoulSlaughter, you seem to prefer death metal over black metal. That's your taste, fine. But don't put down black metal just because it's different. Everybody has their own taste. I love black metal and I can assure you that it's far from simply and redundant (and synths can be pretty cool if used well). I tried to get into death metal but I thought it was fucking terrible. I listened to all the stuff that people told me were the best, but I couldn't get into it at all. So I accept that I guess it's just not for me. I don't bash the whole god damn genre. Grow up. Oh and Dimmu and Cradle are both bad black metal bands, if even black metal at all.

This is a truly amazing black metal site. It has tons of album and band reviews, as well as tons of articles on the nature of black metal, the philosophies that it promotes, the culture, its history etc etc. I think it's starting to talk about death metal as well. The only thing is that a) you have to be able to read French b) I think it's still down for reconstruction. But if you're able to look into it, it's a real gem: http://gpbaalberith.free.fr/#

Charubic Murder said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA, this is great. SoulSlaughter, you have to be one of the most ignorant people to "grace" these boards in a while. Cradle of Filth is nu-metal you dumb cunt. Get AIDS.

and now to reply to the last of you retards. lets look at cradle of filth. they wear makeup that makes them look; no, not tough, but stupid. that's one thing in common with black metal bands. their music ability is extremely limited much like black metal bands. they talk about the same shit and yes; they are musically gothic influenced, but that doesn't mean they're not a black metal band, you morons.

i listened to some of their albums and they sound more black metal that nu-metal. just because they toured with nu-metal bands doesn't make them nu-metal. do i have to spell everything out for you?

"Black Metals first 'supergroup' is The Kovenant. Featuring members from Cradle of Filth, Mayhem and Dimmu Borgir. They have introduced electronics into the genre, with drum machines and samples used to create a dark atmosphere along with the usual choral voices and orchestral sounds."

you call cradle of filth nu-metal. is it usual for black metal bands to form bands with nu-metal bands?

so, you fucking retarded "black metal experts" are so intent on saying what black metal is not. how do you define black metal since you're all such experts :tickled: on the subject.

"SoulSlaughter, you seem to prefer death metal over black metal. That's your taste, fine. But don't put down black metal just because it's different. Everybody has their own taste. I love black metal and I can assure you that it's far from simply and redundant (and synths can be pretty cool if used well). I tried to get into death metal but I thought it was fucking terrible. I listened to all the stuff that people told me were the best, but I couldn't get into it at all. So I accept that I guess it's just not for me. I don't bash the whole god damn genre. Grow up. Oh and Dimmu and Cradle are both bad black metal bands, if even black metal at all." -THE PHOENIX

if i wasn't grown up, i would tell you to "get aids." did charubic murder think of that all by himself? or did he get it from his favorite black metal band. either way, i'm really, really impressed.

my original post was stating the facts which answered "what makes a black metal band black metal and the same for death metal?" i didn't include a detailed description. but if you read my other posts, you would have seen that i asked these rambling queers to suggest some black metal bands that are better than bands like demoncy, venom, ancient, and so on. these bands are fucking redundant. don't argue with that. do me a favor; don't be retarded like the others on this forum have shown themselves to be and make some fucking suggestions. the fans of black metal on this forum seem to lack any knowledge of black metal because they haven't defined what it is.

no wonder death metal fans despise black metal fans.

SoulSlaughter said:
isn't it funny then that a lot of black metal fans classsify cradle of filth as black metal. get your shit straight
A lot of black metal fans classify Cradle Of Filth as black metal? :lol:

Charubic Murder said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA, this is great. SoulSlaughter, you have to be one of the most ignorant people to "grace" these boards in a while. Cradle of Filth is nu-metal you dumb cunt. Get AIDS.
Cradke of Filth aren't nu-metal at all even though they are trendy and everything.

SoulSlaughter said:
yet, another retard on the forum
Sorry, but you're only making yourself look like an idiot right now. Answer my question and refrain yourself from using childish insults that don't have any basis. Where the hell did you get that idea that a lot of black metal fans classify Cradle as bm?

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Sorry, but you're only making yourself look like an idiot right now. Answer my question and refrain yourself from using childish insults that don't have any basis. Where the hell did you get that idea that a lot of black metal fans classify Cradle as bm?

you should look to your fellow fans of black metal for the childish insults. to answer your question which was a stupid one, indeed: before i buy albums, i read other peoples reviews on a particular band so i don't waste my money. with the amount of publicity cradle has been getting, i researched their websites. a lot of reviewers, fans, and others called them black metal. their music isn't far off, either. do yourself and a few of the other idiots on this forum a favor; answer the original question which you all have been ignoring.

SoulSlaughter said:
you should look to your fellow fans of black metal for the childish insults. to answer your question which was a stupid one, indeed: before i buy albums, i read other peoples reviews on a particular band so i don't waste my money. with the amount of publicity cradle has been getting, i researched their websites. a lot of reviewers, fans, and others called them black metal. their music isn't far off, either. do yourself and a few of the other idiots on this forum a favor; answer the original question which you all have been ignoring.
I made the question because you rarely see someone calling CF black metal around here. Here are some suggestions (some of the bands are not strictly BM but are related in a way):

Ulver - Bergtatt
Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy
Windir - Arntor
Aeternus - ...And So The Night Became or Beyond The Wandering Moon
Weakling - Dead As Dreams
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta
Ludicra - Hollow Psalms
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (Wings Of Sorrow)
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Negurã Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
Taake - Nattestid Ser Porten Vid
Absu - Tara

cradle of filth's newer shit is maybe more mainstream, but it's far from nu-metal. originally they were a black metal band with gothic influence. they were never as heavy as other black metal bands like bathory. kalmah isn't as heavy as sinister; it doesn't mean kalmah isn't death metal. all it means is kalmah is a different form of death metal.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
I made the question because you rarely see someone calling CF black metal around here. Here are some suggestions (some of the bands are not strictly BM but are related in a way):

Ulver - Bergtatt
Astriaal - Renascent Misanthropy
Windir - Arntor
Aeternus - ...And So The Night Became or Beyond The Wandering Moon
Weakling - Dead As Dreams
Blut Aus Nord - Memoria Vetusta
Ludicra - Hollow Psalms
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia
Vinterland - Welcome My Last Chapter (Wings Of Sorrow)
Enslaved - Vikingligr Veldi
Negurã Bunget - 'N Crugu Bradului
Taake - Nattestid Ser Porten Vid
Absu - Tara

a big thank you. that's what i was asking for this whole time.

SoulSlaughter said:
cradle of filth's newer shit is maybe more mainstream, but it's far from nu-metal. originally they were a black metal band with gothic influence. they were never as heavy as other black metal bands like bathory. kalmah isn't as heavy as sinister; it doesn't mean kalmah isn't death metal. all it means is kalmah is a different form of death metal.

CoF was originally DEATH METAL if I am not wrong :p That is.. the demo days. Not that it matters today. They are still anything but black metal.

Kalmah? There are NO death metal influnences in that band. Atleast in the CD I heard from them, I am happy I just downloaded some MP3:s or it would have been a complete waste of my money. Can't you just shut up? You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

to put it simply: BM is about the atmosphere. A good BM song should actually be able to relax you and transport you away. It doesnt have to be emotional or aggressive. The vocals and guitars and drum all "merge" together.

Why do you think Graveland is so popular? Simply because it's excellent BM!

Also, SoulSlaughter, listen to Nargaroth - Seven Tears Are Flowing To The River.

Death Metal: Style of music with technical guitars, often lacking melody, gory lyrics(usually), and low, bassy grunts for vocals. Bands Include: Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Bloodbath.

Black Metal: Style of music with often melodic guitar, occasional keyboards, high, raspy, shrieking vocals which can sound great and add to the music or sound horribly gay. Many black metal bands endorse satanism, but saying that all black metal bands are satanist is a stereotype. There are some Christian Black Metal bands out there, after all. Some Black Metal bands Include: Marduk, Mayhem, Bathory, Burzum

CountSorion said:
CoF was originally DEATH METAL if I am not wrong :p That is.. the demo days. Not that it matters today. They are still anything but black metal.

Kalmah? There are NO death metal influnences in that band. Atleast in the CD I heard from them, I am happy I just downloaded some MP3:s or it would have been a complete waste of my money. Can't you just shut up? You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

kalmah is melodic death metal. holy shit, there is such a thing. cof are something in particular; they aren't just anything. do you know what you're talking about?