Why Death metal?

MetalBooger

Feb 6, 2006
Why not life metal? does it mean your twisted or disturbed if you listen to teh death metal? Define this shit cuz im mostly into heavy and power metal. And other than the instrumentals, why is it good?

I got accused of promoting death for wearing an Opeth shirt once. How fucking embarassing. Some guy starts yelling at me about how everyone's just trying to do their best to get by and survive and I'm advocating that we all kill ourselves.

That'll teach me for wearing an Opeth shirt with a huge flower on it.

Décadent said:
I got accused of promoting death for wearing an Opeth shirt once. How fucking embarassing. Some guy starts yelling at me about how everyone's just trying to do their best to get by and survive and I'm advocating that we all kill ourselves.

That'll teach me for wearing an Opeth shirt with a huge flower on it.

LOL that's awesome

Dodens Grav said:
How did they even know it was a Metal band?

Guy asked me what the shirt said, I said "Opeth", he said "what's that?", and, because I really didn't feel like discussing it, I just said "a death metal band". I guess it was my own stupid fault for not being a fussy cunt about genres :lol:

I like Death Metal because I enjoy hearing about violence, death, decay, gore, blasphemy more than other topics. Why? I don't know, it is just more enjoyable for me. Power metal just seems corny to me and straight heavy metal seems overly agressive, while good death metal can be scary and/or maturely agressive.

I am in no way "disturbed" or "twisted" nor am I unhappy and I don't want to kill myself or others, these topics just make songs more interesting for me.

My two cents

cookiecutter said:
Power metal just seems corny to me and straight heavy metal seems overly agressive, while good death metal can be scary and/or maturely agressive.

Awwww :(, but surely you can't resist lyrics like:

See the outlaw stands alone beneath the burning sun
The raging badlands now is his home
There's no sign of victory, he lost his liberty
and the only woman that he loved

An outlaw chasing outlaws, a runner in the night
By the radiant moon he will strike
The seeker of all dangers has come to take his toll
From the dead of night he will arise

:p

EDIT: I accept that your taste in music is different from mine, and I won't try to force you to like anything else. You have listened t oa variety of genres and decided what type of music usually appeals to you (I expect there are tracks from other sub-genres -and even completelyy differen't full genres- that you like too).

If you'd only expeirenced mainstream pop and stuff, I might try to get you to try new things, so you could make a educated decision.

because death metal is good stuff, period

but there are lots of other types of metal to listen to, LOTSSS of other types..

Ive just been introduced to Viking Metal and so far its great stuff :) Bathory is defintely interesting stuff. Ive been listening to Nordland II :headbang:

Sea Wolf is an awsome song :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and so is The Wheel of the Sun

Narg n Lamb said:
Ive just been introduced to Viking Metal and so far its great stuff :) Bathory is defintely interesting stuff. Ive been listening to Nordland II :headbang:

Sea Wolf is an awsome song :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: and so is The Wheel of the Sun

Yes, so is The Land, Mother Earth Father Thunder and Foreverdark Woods. (and pretty much every Bathory song)

Narg n Lamb said:
because death metal is good stuff, period

but there are lots of other types of metal to listen to, LOTSSS of other types..

I never got into bathory, I just don't see whats so good about them.