Why Death metal?

It's okay man, you can think that Judas Priest have a satanist aura if that's what you need.

Do Mercyful Fate and Judas Priest even count as power metal? I thought they were more traditional heavy metal.

By the way, falsetto IS intense.

ohiogrinder said:
I didn't say they were outright satanists.

Or indeed anything remotely resembling Satanists.

Where did the Priest = Teh Satanizt stuff come from anyway? They've never given me that impression. Is there something in their back catalogue that I've missed, perchance?

fucking lol @ priest "dark lyrical content"

you idiot

maiden was always 500 times darker than priest, priest was always the "ROKK ALL NIGHT IN LEATHER AND CHAINS, FUKK SOME GIRLS OH SORRY I MEAN BOYZ" band and maiden always had the mythological/dark/thoughtful lyrical content... not to mention maiden being 500 times more consistent than priest and not releasing utter shit during half of the eighties

crack that whip strap MEAN

itt we start the priest vs. maiden flamewar again -- est. 1978, still alive and well

Erik said:
fucking lol @ priest "dark lyrical content"

you idiot

maiden was always 500 times darker than priest, priest was always the "ROKK ALL NIGHT IN LEATHER AND CHAINS, FUKK SOME GIRLS OH SORRY I MEAN BOYZ" band and maiden always had the mythological/dark/thoughtful lyrical content... not to mention maiden being 500 times more consistent than priest and not releasing utter shit during half of the eighties

crack that whip strap MEAN

itt we start the priest vs. maiden flamewar again -- est. 1978, still alive and well

Agreed. I do like Priest, but they've never been the most consistant of bands. Their rush for radio appeal was a musical disaster. Terrible. Turbo? Home, more like.

Still, SWOD, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance and Painkiller are great. Angel of Retribution and Stained Class are good too.

Carcassian said:
Agreed. I do like Priest, but they've never been the most consistant of bands. Their rush for radio appeal was a musical disaster. Terrible. Turbo? Home, more like.

Still, SWOD, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance and Painkiller are great. Angel of Retribution and Stained Class are good too.
THE PRIEST ARE OK:kickass: :Smokin: :kickass: :Smokin: :kickass: :Smokin:

I really don't have that much by Judas Priest. I have "Painkiller", which is great. My brother has "Angel of Retribution", which is pretty good. I also have a "Best of..." from their earlier era stuff, with, I think, Tipton on vocals. That's meh... I will say that I love Halford's falsetto screams on "Painkiller".

Impudent said:
I really don't have that much by Judas Priest. I have "Painkiller", which is great. My brother has "Angel of Retribution", which is pretty good. I also have a "Best of..." from their earlier era stuff, with, I think, Tipton on vocals. That's meh... I will say that I love Halford's falsetto screams on "Painkiller".

Tiptons one half of the guitarists mate. Halford was the singer for the entire "best of..." album (Metal Works) ?

He does sound different in the shit mid-period albums though, due to trying to appeal to the mainstream radio rock crowd.

Actually, pre-Hell Bent For Leather Priest lyrics are rather interesting (for the most part), like Beyond The Realms of Death. They certainly did have some darker stuff in their earlier days.

-Epitaph-
The old man's sitting there, his head bowed down
Every now and then he'll take a look around
And his eyes reflect the memory-pain of years gone by
He can't regain nostalgic dreams he'll never see again

With trembling hands, he wipes a tear
Many fall like rain, there's one for every year
And his life laid out so clearly now, life that's brought death
So nearly now life once he clung to dearly lets go

But spare a thought as you pass him by
Take a closer look and you'll say
He's our tomorrow, just as much as we are his yesterday

A lonely grave, and soon forgot
Only wind and leaves lament his mournful song
Yet they shout his epitaph out clear
For anyone who's passing near
It names the person lying here as you
And you...and you...and you...

:depressed:

Carcassian said:
Tiptons one half of the guitarists mate. Halford was the singer for the entire "best of..." album (Metal Works) ?

He does sound different in the shit mid-period albums though, due to trying to appeal to the mainstream radio rock crowd.
Hmm, I don't know why I thought Tipton did the vocals on it. It definitely doesn't sound like Halford. The album is simply called "The Best of Judas Priest".

Dodens Grav said:
Actually, pre-Hell Bent For Leather Priest lyrics are rather interesting (for the most part), like Beyond The Realms of Death. They certainly did have some darker stuff in their earlier days.
yeah my favourite priest lyrics are "run of the mill". fucken fantastic shit