Why Death metal?

I gave 'the red in the sky is ours' another listen. I'm very impressed this time around(oh the riffs). Since it has been atleast 1,2 years since hearing ATG I might give the others another listen. This specific album sounds a lot more different than I thought before(has the oldschool DM style). The guitar tone is ace also especially for 91.

The Greys said:
I gave 'the red in the sky is ours' another listen. I'm very impressed this time around(oh the riffs). Since it has been atleast 1,2 years since hearing ATG I might give the others another listen. This specific album sounds a lot more different than I thought before(has the oldschool DM style). The guitar tone is ace also especially for 91.
lol

fucking owned

now listen to hammerheart a few times and go out and shoot a few tasty crows for dinner

Well instrumentals is one of the first things that is good about death metal :)) and it would be the lyrics , the groove sometimes and the vocals ! The live prestation also

cookiecutter said:
I like Death Metal because I enjoy hearing about violence, death, decay, gore, blasphemy more than other topics. Why? I don't know, it is just more enjoyable for me. Power metal just seems corny to me and straight heavy metal seems overly agressive, while good death metal can be scary and/or maturely agressive.

I am in no way "disturbed" or "twisted" nor am I unhappy and I don't want to kill myself or others, these topics just make songs more interesting for me.

My two cents

Yes because death metal is never cheesy, EVER !!!!

Bolt thrower releasing concept albums about warhammer 40 k is as cheesy as Blind guardian releasing an album about The Silmarillion

I like death metal, I like power metal.... they are both very, very cheesy genres of music.

the reason I don't care for most power metal is the falsetto vocals. its just not for me. very few bands can do it right and not sound "Spinal Tap"

Thraxz said:
No, you haven't, or you'd like them.

Your not getting it, I DON"T LIKE THEM. It doesn't matter if I listen to the disc a 100 times and analyze every moment of it. I still WON"T LIKE THEM. Just because you have a hard on for a band doesn't mean everyone is going to like them.

ohiogrinder said:
the reason I don't care for most power metal is the falsetto vocals. its just not for me. very few bands can do it right and not sound "Spinal Tap"
How can you not like falsetto vocals? Halford, King Diamond, etc... It's powerful stuff. I wish I had a killer falsetto or knew someone with one to start a band with. And power metal sounding Spinal Tap...?

ohiogrinder said:

Last time I heard Spinal Tap, they didn't use high vocals.

We listen to 'teh death' metal because we like it.
If you don't then stop spamming and making gay threads.
Go listen to The Rolling Stones and Children of Bodom and piss off.
Being a death head is the best occupation.
You can rape and say you were influenced by CC.
And then get let off :worship:

Impudent said:
How can you not like falsetto vocals? Halford, King Diamond, etc... It's powerful stuff. I wish I had a killer falsetto or knew someone with one to start a band with. And power metal sounding Spinal Tap...?

I can tolerate it sometimes. but most of the time its just annoying.

Mercyful Fate is the shit, so is Priest. the reason I like them more than most power metal bands is cause of their dark lyrical content and satanist aura.