• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pac_tang

Man-Beast
Jun 12, 2007
Australia
www.myspace.com
It is just really annoying how all these threads are constantly above the rest of the forum. I know that sticky's are common in most forums but they are usually the most important threads, and not just 5 shit ones that have less than 20 posts in each one.

To stop my bitching, I've made attempt at a poll (my first one :oops:)
Hopefully everyone else hates it and would like to see a change.

We've been trying to get the good threads stickied for ages (eg: The ones that have been running for over 1 or 2 years now). But it never happens.

Yeah, but I wasn't as kind back then. I pretty much called mods gay for the hell of it. So that banning was justified.
If I get banned for this, well, it shows how close minded the mods are.

POSTJUMP. ^^

I thought we weren't allowed to make useless threads and/or spam...and those stickies are really useless imo...so I vote for yes..

The hilarious thing is that this new thread. Which is like 2 minutes old! Has more replies than half of the stickys. Why the fuck isn't this stickied yet?
Someone sticky my shit thread please?

Although, the reason the Tourney threads are stickied is so that everyone can vote in the rounds until the next round. The tourney stickies are only temporary anyway.

yea but what the fuck is the point in the tourney? I'm not saying it's pointless to make them stickies, but the whole idea is just stupid

I'm okay with the Tourney threads, since it's new, fun, and temporary. Other stickies (unless super important) should be kept to a minimum.

I'm okay with the Tourney threads, since it's new, fun, and temporary. Other stickies (unless super important) should be kept to a minimum.

Completely agree

the most used topics are on the first page at all times anyways

Chamet, Fetzer, Heartless_Name, orcy_uk, pac_tang, SeeOhBeeHacheSee, Sock puppet, The Butt, and xMissxRequiemx are all buzzkills.

Yeah, he got banned for not knowing how to properly ask things. I have no problem with this thread whatsoever, just the language that's used to bring up the subject.

I'll talk to Deron and Bob, because, as we all know, I have the minimum of power here. I try and help as I can, but I just can't make decisions without asking anyone. I thought that the Tournament of Awesome was a good idea, opinions seem to differ, but I think that some people enjoy it, so I don't see why nagging to take it off would help CoB-OT.

I don't really have an objection towards the more important threads being stickied, but there would be a lot, and people would want THEIR'S stickied and that would kind of cause chaos.

No, this thread isn't useless. Will it be ignored? No. Will it make some change? That I can't say, but it's good to try, trying makes changes.

I don't think neither Bob or I (or Deron, but I think that he has much more to do than to take care of CoB-OT's needs) have an objection as to having stickied threads, but maybe we'll try it and ask if you guys like it or not. I took the mod thing to improve stuff and make things better, so of course I'll consider anything that's mentioned, but I don't really have the power alone, asking others would prove more efficient.

I'll keep you updated or whatever. I don't know, but if there are to be some changes, you'll know.

Nick.

Edit: Just for the record, I doubt that the "Tournament of Awesome" will get deleted. It's something that people actually enjoy and play with, it, in a way, brings opinions together. Most might think otherwise and that's them, but in the end, it really does. It's not permanent and it's not causing any harm! Just scroll down a bit and stop nagging would be my suggestions. Not trying to make a personal offense to anyone, but I don't get what's the big fuss.

how about an "IMPORTANT THREAD" sticky that contains links to all the threads you guys feel are important.

As opposed to 12 stickys up at the top. the tournament is temporary, and as it goes on it will get better.

It is just really annoying how all these threads are constantly above the rest of the forum. I know that sticky's are common in most forums but they are usually the most important threads, and not just 5 shit ones that have less than 20 posts in each one.

To stop my bitching, I've made attempt at a poll (my first one :oops:)
Hopefully everyone else hates it and would like to see a change.

You're becoming my new favorite troll :lol:

In the light of events and seeing what you just triggered, I would say you obtained a moderate win.

moderatelysuccessfultroll.jpg

Edit: Just for the record, I doubt that the "Tournament of Awesome" will get deleted. It's something that people actually enjoy and play with, it, in a way, brings opinions together.

I think Chamet, Fetzer, Heartless_Name, KillerGon, Lussi, orcy_uk, pac_tang, SeeOhBeeHacheSee, Sock puppet, The Butt, xMissxRequiemx kinda disagree. In fact, I would say 95% of this forum thinks that tournament fails hard.

Lulzy fact: Only two people voted No and both are... mods! :lol:

I think Chamet, Fetzer, Heartless_Name, KillerGon, Lussi, orcy_uk, pac_tang, SeeOhBeeHacheSee, Sock puppet, The Butt, xMissxRequiemx kinda disagree. In fact, I would say 95% of this forum thinks that tournament fails hard.

Funny how Chamet and Orcy_Uk* voted and even posted in a thread of the tournament. I think that this thread is more or less about the Tournament of Awesome and about sticky threads in general, but I could be totally wrong. I don't want to point my finger and say who did what, I'm no one to judge people.

What about Black Core, Dred, Muffin and Swabs? They said that it was okay and it didn't bother them.

There are two sides to everything and not everyone can win.

Edit: * Just examples, I didn't mean to point at you, sorry :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.