Deliverance impressions...

Maybe the riffs on the album have a real disturbing feel to it.. the feeling that something is wrong, something is bad.. (The emotion, not the music itself...)

Maybe kinda similar to Maudlin Of Well's or Enslaved's kinda really strange almost backwards riffing style..

maybe? Just my speculation..

I think we all want to have some sort of expectations for Deliverance, but when we all get it, we'll prolly be totally shocked. The CD's never end up sounding like I expect them to, and that's a very good thing.

Originally posted by Interesti
:eek: One can only hope.

Any comparisons to Morningrise are probably just the hype machine at work, seeing as it's a common favorite. I highly doubt Mikael will take the band back in that direction.

I'm personally hoping it doesn't resemble the first two records at all as they're pretty overrated in my opinion. I'd mostly like to see Opeth playing with tempo variations a bit more, ala the title track on BWP.

Originally posted by IanDork107
That is entirely an opinion. I think BWP is the best, but I do have a feeling that Deliverance will be better.

Of course it is an opinion, It's what I think, and of course others will think differently. I just don't feel the need that i should state well in my opinion, or i think, before every opinion i make.

I agree with clad in darkness about morningrise and still life being their best albums. I'd really fancy some crossover of these two.

NP: Godspeed You Black Emperor - Blaise Bailey Finnegan :heh:

Originally posted by Johan
I disagree that it is by far the worst. It's better than Still Life, discounting that The Moor is better than any song on BWP. But that's just my opinion...

for me BWP is their best (and much much better than the rest)
while The Moor is their worst song (not counting bonus tracks) on Opeth worst album: Still Life
But that's just my opinion... :D

Originally posted by extensive desolation
for me BWP is their best (and much much better than the rest)
while The Moor is their worst song (not counting bonus tracks) on Opeth worst album: Still Life
But that's just my opinion... :D

Their worst song? Are you fucking nuts? Something that insane can't even be considered a valid opinion.

Can't we all just get along? All of Opeth's material is very very strong, and it reaches out to all of the listeners in different ways. A song might be great for one person, but another could regard it as their worst song ever. That's just how it is. We don't all have the same mind, nor the same taste.

For the record, I do quite enjoy The Moor...