Den Svensk Tråd

To "väcka upp" means to wake up something, not just general awakening and the "upp" can be there but it isn't needed. If you want to say "Wake up!/Awaken!" you should use the verb "Vakna!".

It should be "Vakna för helsike!". I can't put my finger on why the "för" should be there, but it's essential.

maybe because you could say "wake up for gadsake" in english and there you have the word "for" like the word "för" in the swedish sentence.

once you added the for I kind of realized helsike is like hell's sake...I also saw the "vakna" verb in the dictionary along with "väcka" but i didn't know the difference...now i know

in my case though i wasn't saying wake up or awaken in general...I was trying to wake something/someone up(the thread)...so I guess I should have written:Väck upp för helsike.

once you added the for I kind of realized helsike is like hell's sake...I also saw the "vakna" verb in the dictionary along with "väcka" but i didn't know the difference...now i know

in my case though i wasn't saying wake up or awaken in general...I was trying to wake something/someone up(the thread)...so I guess I should have written:Väck upp för helsike.

no, you should of written: Vakna upp för helsike.
or: Jag vill väcka liv i denna tråd !

To "vakna" is to wake up by yourself. To "väcka" is to wake someone else up. So you can't use the verb "väcka" without specifying what to wake up. You could technically say "väck dig själv" (wake yourself), but no one would ever use that wording as there is already a word for that (vakna). If you want the thread to awaken you could either tell someone (but not the thread itself) "väck tråden!" or tell the thread to "vakna".