Dethklok Tour Update

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Not more tour dates unfortunately, but there is a rumor floating around that the attendance is limited to students only, or that non-students have to pay.

This is not true!! At least not at KU. I went to the Student Union and asked about it today and they just asked me how many vouchers I wanted. I just kind of froze and was like are they limited students? The lady said no so I was just like 5.

Anyway so if anyone wants to KU that lives in the surroundings area the concert is Nov 17 and is a saturday night. The ballroom is a 700 person area and the ticket people said that they would give out 700 vouchers that are good til 7:15 when the doors are at 7:00 and after that anyone can come in but vouchers go first.

I can accomodate about 6 people between floor space, 2 couches and a recliner if you wanna crash or if you just want me to get a voucher for you and then you can drive home also cool.

Just let me know asap so I can get vouchers.

The only show I mentioned being student only was here in Los Angeles. I just verified with TITMOUSE, INC. and the L.A. Show is students only. Pretty much sucks but to further verify here is a thread from another website relating to the LOS ANGELES show only.:
From Dethklok:
-----------------
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
DETHTOUR- info
From [adult swim] :
As you may know, Dethklok is set to melt faces this Thursday, November 1st on the campus of UCLA at the Ackerman Grand Ballroom as part of the Adult Swim Presents… College Tour. This show is open to UCLA students only, BUT we’ve set aside 50 pairs of tickets JUST FOR YOU NON-STUDENT METALHEADS!!!! We will be giving them away so you can witness the power of DETHKLOK in person for FREE! The first (50) Los Angeles based Dethklok fans who email dethklok@cornerstonepromotion.com will be put on Dethklok’s guest list for Thursday’s show! Please only email if you live in the greater Los Angeles area and can make Thursday’s show. We’ll be contacting all the winners via email to confirm if you made it on the list.
From Charles Foster Offdensen:
Just so you know this is a really short tour. Our goal is to do a BIG TOUR very soon with other metal bands. So rest assured that if we missed your city we will be there soon to crush you. other tour questions please kindly bother the people at adultswimpresents.com

Thank you,
Charles Foster Offdensen

adult swim/Dethklok said:
We will be giving them away so you can witness the power of DETHKLOK in person for FREE!
In person? Ha! :lol: They mean on a bigger screen than your television at home.

From what I've heard, there is nothing live about this "tour" (and I use that term loosely) that they are doing. I assume it is the same for the college campus shows. It's just a video of Dethklok on a big screen. No live music, just a short movie of a "concert" that will apparently have punched in responses from the guy running the board based on crowd reactions. :zombie: A funny idea, but I was incredibly let down when I heard this.

Free tour or no - at the very least, I expected a Gorillaz-esque type performance with actually musicians preforming music live behind screens that they could project the cartoon characters onto. I considered going to see Dethklok open for You Will Know Us By All The Extra Words In Our Ridiculously Long Name (or whoever the hell it is :rolleyes:), but I'm not paying to see a few minutes of a cartoon movie open for a band I could give less than two shits about. The announcement of their "tour" was the most misleading thing in metal I've seen in awhile. A tour is a tour, with live musicians playing live music ... not a movie playing on a big screen.

* Just as a side note, I don't particularly care for the Gorillaz, but I at least give them credit for doing their tour as a cartoon band creatively. I'm sure Dethklok didn't want to be seen as another version of them, but they could have come up with something that included actual live music.

While it may be a multi-media show, there will be live music, as Biffie stated above. I have seen Keneally & Beller on numerous occasions, and it would be hard to find 2 better musicians to take care of the live aspect of these shows.

On a related note MOST of the tour stops are stated to be students only. It seems that this is changing for a few stops. With some prodding from a friend in CA, I have been able to weasel my way into seeing the show at Northwestern University, just outside of Chicago. Can't wait!

Actually Bobbie, Mike Kenneally (ex-Zappa) is playing guitar, Bryan Beller (Steve Vai) on bass, Gene Hoglan on drums and then Brandon Small on guitar and vocals.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83619

If you watch that link the bassist goes through the lineup of who he will be touring with and as well as some bass techniques.

Wow! I am so glad to hear that what I had heard previously is not true. Thanks for the link.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch them if they do a second leg of the tour. As of right now they aren't really coming anywhere near the east coast. :erk:

Thanks Biffle!! I'll have to get back to you... if I can fly up to KS, how far are you from the airport? (read: cab fair plays a part in this! haha) Looks like I'm the only one from TX that will make the journey because no one has spoken up. I'd go to the OK show but wont know anyone there to get me a voucher. Hmm.. decisions, decisions..

Got a chance to see the show last night in Los Angeles and I am not going to spoil it for anyone but that band .....Trail of the Dead is not very good. It was a cool event and there were people in the audience dressed as a few of the characters from the show which made it fun. Take cash money with you if you are going to the show though, because there is a merch table set up and at UCLA it was cash only.

Oh, G4 was at the event interviewing people in the audience especially those in costume. I am not sure if they are doing this everywhere but if you want to get in front of the camera be loud and stand out.