Dimmu Borgir, black metal & "Tr00-Kvlt" BM fans

Crimson Velvet said:
Garm is a self-rightous little piece of shit who hasn't written a decent piece of music in 10 years.
caa.png

:lol:

Shitty techno music are suddenly "incredible"! :lol:

I get it: You're one of those avant-garde, open-minded people, who think you're better than us traditional black metal fans, just because you like things that are "different".

@Brown

That doesn't make sense at all. I call Garm out because I was irritated at his completely unfounded comment on black metal fans, and I'm the asshole?

You're not very smart, are you?

Crimson Velvet said:
@Brown

That doesn't make sense at all. I call Garm out because I was irritated at his completely unfounded comment on black metal fans, and I'm the asshole?

Garm said in his quote, "the average black metal fan". Maybe you aren't an average black metal fan. There are cetainly a lot of them around - look under most rock on this forum and you'll find them.

After reading this: http://www.imhotep.fi/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=135&lang=en
I foung Garm one of the smartes people in scandinavian scene.

Black metal has evolved, it´s antiquated and majority of new BM albums are useless. Best BM albums are already written. But i know, it´s easier to play the same genre over and over, call it true and underground than evolve it like Garm did. I laugh at all true black metal fans, cause they can´t make a step over their preconceptions and close-mindess.

And don´t get me wrong, I love black metal for what it was (but not for what it is in nowadays, cause it´s geting more and more popular in each day, but it wasn´t ment this way).

You called a person that evolve the genre a "little piece of shit ", which pissed me off, so I gave you an award.

Fredy_Brown said:
After reading this: http://www.imhotep.fi/en/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=135&lang=en
I foung Garm one of the smartes people in scandinavian scene.

Black metal has evolved, it´s antiquated and majority of new BM albums are useless. Best BM albums are already written. But i know, it´s easier to play the same genre over and over, call it true and underground than evolve it like Garm did. I laugh at all true black metal fans, cause they can´t make a step over their preconceptions and close-mindess.

And don´t get me wrong, I love black metal for what it was (but not for what it is in nowadays, cause it´s geting more and more popular in each day, but it wasn´t ment this way).

You called a person that evolve the genre a "little piece of shit ", which pissed me off, so I gave you an award.

Varg "evolved" the genre too, and he's quite clearly a "little piece of shit" as well.

MadeInNewJersey said:
Varg "evolved" the genre too, and he's quite clearly a "little piece of shit" as well.
Well, this is true but Garm is kinda other person, don´t you think? And Garm is more futuristic...however I read in some "recent" interview with Varg that he is maybe going to make some electronic music when he will be released.

Crimson Velvet said:
@Brown

I don't see how this is necessarily unfounded at all. You need to open your eyes if you don't realize that a good portion of black metal fans (and indeed a good deal of metal fans in general) are uneducated white trash that give the entire genre a really bad image.

Crimson Velvet said:
:lol:

Shitty techno music are suddenly "incredible"! :lol:

I get it: You're one of those avant-garde, open-minded people, who think you're better than us traditional black metal fans, just because you like things that are "different".
Ulver only put out one techno track on Metamorphisis

Yes, I am open-minded. I love the avant-garde and post-black genres. I do listen to black metal, however I am not an average fan by any mean. I laugh at the stupidity of the scene, and I realize that 90% of bands have the same shitty sound(this holds true in most genres though)

Take your beret and cappucino and go fuck off to an underground poetry reading, please. Garm is an arrogant prick, regardless of what you think of his music. Most "Avant Garde" is complete crap by the way. It's simply an exercise of people who think they're intellectual trying to one-up others in the weirdness factor. Wow, I'm impressed.

Blinded By Blood said:
On the contrary; not only does his black metal work beat out most, if not all other bands, his more recent styles are downright incredible

If by "beat out most" you mean "semi-expertly apes the styles of half a dozen or so better bands" and by "incredible" you mean "fifth rate trip-hop for tenth rate minds," I might be inclined to agree. Then again, you'd be giving him perhaps a tad bit too much credit, so I might just call you a fucking idiot.

As it stands now, you, sir, are a complete fucking idiot.

Actually level of quality in Avant-garde is higher than in any metal genre. Partially becauste incapable musicians play old metal genres over and over.

Blinded By Blood said:
The average black metal record buyer is a stereotypical loser: a good for nothing who got teased as a child, got bad grades at school, lives on social welfare and seeks compensation for his inferiority complexes and lack of identity by feeling part of an exclusive gang of outcasts united against a society which has turned them down. And with Heavy Metal as a cultural and intellectual foundation, these dependents on social altruism proclaim themselves as "elite"! Hah! Could it be more pathetic?

-Garm

Nuff said on the "tr00 kvlt" black metal fans

Translating that out of Poseurese and into English, we get the following:

Now that I've moved on to recording derivative music for a better class of losers (affected lit majors, the dude over in Morris who has the world's biggest collection of Napoleon Dynamite merch and that guy who makes his own music videos by splicing together anime footage on his computer), I can achieve a sort of surrogate coolness by insulting the same idiots who allowed me to have a music career in the first place. The best part is, some of those guys are so stupid and self-loathing that they'll continue to buy my records, in spite of the insults and the fact that my 'avant-garde' material is even less interesting than my black metal work, which was like an averaging out of the worst work of 10 other artists whose nuts I am not fit to fondle.

-Garm

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Translating that out of Poseurese and into English, we get the following:

Now that I've moved on to recording derivative music for a better class of losers (affected lit majors, the dude over in Morris who has the world's biggest collection of Napoleon Dynamite merch and that guy who makes his own music videos by splicing together anime footage on his computer), I can achieve a sort of surrogate coolness by insulting the same idiots who allowed me to have a music career in the first place. The best part is, some of those guys are so stupid and self-loathing that they'll continue to buy my records, in spite of the insults and the fact that my 'avant-garde' material is even less interesting than my black metal work, which was like an averaging out of the worst work of 10 other artists whose nuts I am not fit to fondle.

-Garm

Amusing, if self-referential ?

Varg Vikernes said:
Dimmu Borgir is a good band. they're really more "avant-garde" than black metal .

Shagrath is really, REALLY gay though

who is in prison right now being ass-fucked every days during the last 10 years?? answer....... Varg Vikernes!

Laeth MacLaurie said:
If by "beat out most" you mean "semi-expertly apes the styles of half a dozen or so better bands" and by "incredible" you mean "fifth rate trip-hop for tenth rate minds," I might be inclined to agree. Then again, you'd be giving him perhaps a tad bit too much credit, so I might just call you a fucking idiot.

As it stands now, you, sir, are a complete fucking idiot.
^this said by a "true black metaller"

Also, you people need to learn many scenes contain completely shitty bands. I only refer to black metal due to this topic. I'm no avant garde fanboy, hell most bands in every fucking scene sound the same. I'm just saying the avant garde scene in general is not only more original, it doesn't take ideals of bands that weren't serious as gospel (venom's influence on black metal)