Dimmu Borgir, black metal & "Tr00-Kvlt" BM fans

Laeth MacLaurie said:
Translating that out of Poseurese and into English, we get the following:

Now that I've moved on to recording derivative music for a better class of losers (affected lit majors, the dude over in Morris who has the world's biggest collection of Napoleon Dynamite merch and that guy who makes his own music videos by splicing together anime footage on his computer), I can achieve a sort of surrogate coolness by insulting the same idiots who allowed me to have a music career in the first place. The best part is, some of those guys are so stupid and self-loathing that they'll continue to buy my records, in spite of the insults and the fact that my 'avant-garde' material is even less interesting than my black metal work, which was like an averaging out of the worst work of 10 other artists whose nuts I am not fit to fondle.

-Garm

every music genre is populated by a large fanbase of losers. Doesn't matter what

You prove this point. Besides being a naive idiot, you took Garm's comments to heart. Any somewhat intelligent and respectable person would realize that they aren't the person Garm was referring to. You, however, based on how insulted you got, must be the stereotypical black metal fan. I'm sure your base of social outcasts can back that up, right?

KevenZ said:
who is in prison right now being ass-fucked every days during the last 10 years?? answer....... Varg Vikernes!

Actually I'm almost certain Varg is alone in the comfort of his own cell.

MadeInNewJersey said:
It's "you're" you fucking cunt. If YOU'RE going to attempt to insult someone, at least know the FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU'RE and YOUR. Jesus fucking christ, please, stick your head in an oven.
Actually I noticed I did that wrong but couldn't be bothered changing it because you're gay and not worth the effort.

LOL VIKING.

You know something though... I actuaally like Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir more than most "elite" black metal bands." CoF's closet true BM release, Principles of Evil Made Flesh, I enjoy better than any other BM album. There's only a handful of "elite BM bands" I'll even listen too.

I rellly can't fathom why so many people are attracted to pure BM. I mean it's underproduced, they never solo, the guitars are so thin, the songs are so long considering they don't have any solo's, vocals are pretty similar all around, lyrics are always about the same shit, bass is inaudible... I just don't get it.

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
You know something though... I actuaally like Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir more than most "elite" black metal bands." CoF's closet true BM release, Principles of Evil Made Flesh, I enjoy better than any other BM album. There's only a handful of "elite BM bands" I'll even listen too.

I rellly can't fathom why so many people are attracted to pure BM. I mean it's underproduced, they never solo, the guitars are so thin, the songs are so long considering they don't have any solo's, vocals are pretty similar all around, lyrics are always about the same shit, bass is inaudible... I just don't get it.
To be truly evil, you cannot contain talent. Only poseur sellout bands have talent

Blinded By Blood said:
To be truly evil, you cannot contain talent. Only poseur sellout bands have talent

lol.jpg

Well the thread maker did make the reference to Immortal being more like wrestlers.. I was gonna quote it.. but then I'd have to read her/his post more and it gave me a headache.

Fredy_Brown said:
You called a person that evolve the genre a "little piece of shit ", which pissed me off, so I gave you an award.

Oh man... Garm "evolved" the genre? Oh man...

Oh yes! I've met Garm in person and talked to him,. Have you?

How? His albums were blatantly derivative of the previous generation of Norse black metal. He brought nothing new to the table (beyond a gift for self-promotion).