Do themes such as Satanism or Anti-Christianity Affect Your Metal Preferences?

This is why I hate religious discussions any more and rarely participate in them. You guys says hundreds of millions (if not billions?) of people are wrong in their beliefs, we say you are wrong. We each give our how and whys, the other side repeats their beliefs, slowly start to personally insult the other.

To be honest, I see just as much finger pointing and dopey attitudes coming from the non-Christian side as much as they claim to get from the Christian side of things (this is not attacking any one in here). It's all quite funny actually.

Anyways, to each his own, to each his own.

I didn't say anything wrong or offensive, Deron, so I don't know what the hell your problem is.

I'm surprised that one of the most important points hasn't been brought up yet: LIFE EXPERIENCE.

People who have lived decent lives and have had little to no traumatic experience are often Christians because they believe it is God that blessed their lives and they should return the thanks.

People who have lived shitty lives and have had many traumatic experiences often blame God early on in life for the bad events, thus leading to them becoming atheist/agnostic and such.

I mean, how often do you see someone who's had a downright fucked up life and is still a Christian?

Often? Those are sweeping generalizations and work both ways quite often. A lot of time religion brings people together during trying times.

Often? Those are sweeping generalizations and work both ways quite often. A lot of time religion brings people together during trying times.

Indeed it does, but for how long? If you look at how the country has changed since the mass conversion following the events of 9/11/01, you'll notice that religion, while a popular thing back then, now has no place in this society. Nowadays, they're trying to take "under God" out of the Pledge and they already removed the Ten Commandments from that Georgia courthouse.

you'll notice that religion, while a popular thing back then, now has no place in this society.

Utter absurdity. The US is by far the most Christian industrialized nation in the world. There's plenty of room, since most of the country is Christian.

Nowadays, they're trying to take "under God" out of the Pledge and they already removed the Ten Commandments from that Georgia courthouse.

Yeah...religion shouldn't have any direct influence on politics. It's kind of common sense.

I'm glad to see that there are some people in touch with reality here. All the church is is a business. Their customers come on sundays and that's how they make money. They also get tax breaks because of this. Let's say I worship the sky or a tree from my house, shouldn't I get a tax break? That could be my religion.

I'm glad to see that there are some people in touch with reality here. All the church is is a business. Their customers come on sundays and that's how they make money. They also get tax breaks because of this. Let's say I worship the sky or a tree from my house, shouldn't I get a tax break? That could be my religion.

This is why I am a non-denominational Christian and refuse to affiliate myself with the Church. Church is no longer a place for fellowship with fellow Christian and worship the Lord; it is a social hall. I can't remember the last time I actually heard someone talk about God at my church outside of the service. The sermons are incredibly worldly, too, they all talk about how to apply God minimally to your life. If anything, church weakened my faith. Only through separation from that world have I refined my beliefs.

I disagree with that, because I decided to abandon god at an early age, long before anything shitty could have happened to me (I started to question religion right around the same time I realised Santa Claus wasn't real - about age 5 or 6).

Of course, because they don't have anything else to rely on for strength. But people who are free and have had shitty lives often hate God for it.

Dude I was going to leave it but I'm pretty sure this isn't true, people use religion to get them through tough times by putting faith in something outside themselves and this is one of the main reasons that its declining in most industrial societies as your average person now has (on average) a much higher standard of living than at any other point in history. America often appears to be an exception to this (for reasons that could start a whole new debate) so perhaps that has warped your perspective.

This is why I am a non-denominational Christian and refuse to affiliate myself with the Church. Church is no longer a place for fellowship with fellow Christian and worship the Lord; it is a social hall. I can't remember the last time I actually heard someone talk about God at my church outside of the service. The sermons are incredibly worldly, too, they all talk about how to apply God minimally to your life. If anything, church weakened my faith. Only through separation from that world have I refined my beliefs.

That is not true in the Episcopalian denomination. Maybe you should go Protestant.