Do you still listen to Watershed?

Yea I love the palm muting bits in the new solos, I believe there's some in the Hessian Peel solo as well (though my personal favorites are still the final solos on Beneath the Mire and Deliverance - Beneath the Mire cause it's badass and Deliverance for that suspended note when everything else goes quiet..)

Regarding Porcelain Heart, I do think some of the dislike is just people conforming to everyone else's dislike, but after around the 3 minute mark when the 2nd acoustic part transitions to the distortion, I personally think the song falls apart because that "ah-ah-ah" over the power chords sounds really mainstream and the acoustic part after that is ok but doesn't really seem to fit with the song to me. Overall the song is just random and disjointed, but I like the disjointed-ness for the first half, I love when he sings "I...wallowed in shame" then the main riff bursts back into the song.

Again, watershed ftw! :headbang:

Hmm. I haven't listened to Watershed in about 2 months now, it hadn't had the same longevity as the other albums when they were released. Not sure why though, because when I first heard it I quickly became addicted to it. Porcelain Heart has become possibly my least favourite Opeth song however, its disjointed-ness has definitely become a problem for me the more I listen to it. Coil, too, is ruined by those horrible female vocals which are completely unecessary. The rest of it is great, however, particularly Burden and Hessian Peel. I'm sure i'll go back to the album in time. Gonna see them live next week which might put things back into perspective.

No I'm not. This isn't even a matter of opinion/*~~*~subjectivitie~*~*. I said I don't know if I can take you, or anyone seriously who doesn't think this song is the fockin fury.
Let's compare. Heir Apparent is the second song from Watershed.

April Ethereal is better
Godhead's Lament is better
Bleak is better
Deliverance is better.

Of course, it is just my opinion. I took only the second songs of the albums.

When you use two ^s, that indicates two posts above you... so are you talking to me? In any event, Mikael certainly thinks it's one of the best songs he's ever written, but then, who the hell is he to determine which songs are his best work? The author?

No I'm not. This isn't even a matter of opinion/*~~*~subjectivitie~*~*. I said I don't know if I can take you, or anyone seriously who doesn't think this song is the fockin fury.

Don't be pedantic.

I don't really care if Mike thinks it's one of his best songs; I am the consumer, I buy the record, therefore I am entitled to my opinion.

As an overall album it is great but I think it has weak links in it. In my opinion it would be better if the album was something like this :

Burden
Hessian Peel
Derelict Herds
Heir Apparent
The Lotus Eater

Musically it is the best work of Opeth and that is technically ( the use of instruments,professionality etc) but as an Opeth album I think it fails a lot. This doesn't mean that album suck though but I didn't buy Watershed and actually not really listening to it nowadays......I am interested in Damnation and Blackwater Park nowadays and a bit of Deliverance (which I bought ). I feel like cheating if I listen to an album that I haven't bought and that makes things worse....but I am not really interested in buying it because as I said I did not like it.

Everybody has different opinions.

I think my Opeth list is: (going from best to worst)
1. Blackwater Park
2. Ghost Reveries
3. Watershed
4. Damnation
5. Still Life
(This is where it starts getting...where I don't listen much at all)
6. My Arms, Your Hearse (cept for Demon of the Fall which is great)
7. Deliverance
8. Any Opeth albulm that came out before My Arms.

Anyway, Watershed was addicting at first (because of a hint of simplicity the album gives off) then it went dead for me for awhile (like how popular catchy music does), and now I'm listening to it again and trying to dig deeper for stuff.

So far, Blackwater Park is the only albulm I truly haven't ever taken a break from.

Sad how mostly all the old fans don't like the new album, that goes to any band. I think it's great. Lyrically and Musically. It has a little bit of everything, and more. Plus, I think their's more singing then growling because Mikael wanted to utilize(sp) his voice. I'm glad i'm not picky when it comes to music or else I wouldn't have discovered so much great bands.

iam listening every opeth`s album, i have only one song that is not brilliant for me - moonlapse vertigo, i love the rest;d